DC Fan Art Club: April 2021 Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread

I flipped Ralph’s head to accommodate Queen Moonbeam’s placement (hope that’s okay @JKoco17 …), so if Delirium doesn’t get finished, you can just swing Ralph in a bit to lock eyes with His Holy Fuzziness.

5 Likes

No problem. No question on getting it done just wasn’t sure if it would be tonight. I’m glad to contribute a second character to the tapestry

4 Likes

:grin::rofl::rofl: his holy fuzziness. Perfect. And Ralph locking eyes with Beebo is the strangest fan fiction I’ve heard of.

4 Likes

Herein starts my campaign to make it canon.

7 Likes

There was something strangely intriguing about this small blue monster.
He had a warm heart and eyes like a Muppet.
As Ralph stretched his arm around and around him in what was “his move”, Beebo said “Beebo loves you.”
Ralph smiled and said “I know.”

6 Likes

Are you ready to give us a sneak peak of Ralph yet? I know his arms will be tricky, but I can just detach his hands and extend the arms as I shrink or stretch it to fit.

Ralph…stretch… :smile:

5 Likes

He’s in pieces, no need to detach. :smiley: And still pencils. And still bald. :confused: I’m hoping to figure out how to scan him in today to share and see if he needs to be adjusted before inking and coloring (which I’ve never done)

6 Likes

Dude this looks great. Some really great hand work and that Dex (i think? My lantern knowledge is basically justice league animated John stewart) is adorable but also creepy! Love it. Also the ring on the tail?

5 Likes

I will be honest, I lost track of time. With work and birthdays this month has flown by. I didn’t start on firestorm until 20 minutes ago. Before I continue and to be efficient, I want to make sure this will work.? I envision a short flame trail burning after him.

9 Likes

Your right that’s Dex Starr
And yes his ring is in his tail.

3 Likes

Yes, that will work perfectly!

2 Likes

:eyes: if u ever want to expand ur lantern knowledge I can’t recomend Green Lantern The Animated Series enough! :gl_hv_4: it’s stupid good and now the lanterns are one of my favorite parts of DC lore :metal:

4 Likes

HERE SHE IS!!!

If you need the hair and body separate (to put the hair behind other characters) I can share the isolated hair layer as well

11 Likes

Looks great! I should be able to just put Mary Marvel on the layer in front of her to be on top of the hair :+1:

3 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:
Really like the hair and fire :+1:

3 Likes

Starfire is on the board!

Beebo still on hold as I haven’t inked or colored him yet.

6 Likes

Looking great! I will have Firestorm done late this evening(est)after work.

3 Likes

Okay, I spent too much time trying to get the scanner to work. Cleaning up cell phone photos to try and share by end of day. Got a lot of cleanup to do, and am terrified of coloring, so apologies in advance if I’m that guy.

4 Likes

No worries, do the best you can. If you’d rather leave off the colors I can add them on my end.

3 Likes

Thanks. Just to share, here’s my WIP. Also an alternate right hand, if it works better depending on what Bobo is doing in that corner. I’ll try to get at least a (less swole) cleaner ink with shading uploaded later today, but want to redo his left hand first, and I think you’ll need more noodly bits of his left arm to work with.

10 Likes