DC Fan Art Club - 2022 Holiday Requests Granted!

Thank you!

6 Likes

Okay, well, I definitely bit off a bit much more than I can chew here, but it was fun all the same. Learned a lot of lessons - some new, some again. Really wish I started with a finer brush for inking, but I got it colored, which is more than I accomplished last year. I know its very rough in many places, but I hope it brings you some yuletide joy, @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230!

I don’t know that there’s any continuity where Emi and Lian both exist and Emi is older, but, well, Lian’s finest form is toddler, so here we are. :wink:

Apologies to Sin, who was cut from the party due to time. And to Naomi, who was cut because it got weird. In my headcanon, they’re both in the hallway discussing whether or not they should go inside.

14 Likes

Wow all the details and everything. Looks awesome™:+1:.

6 Likes

@Goldk - great sense of motion with Harley and Ivy. The figure work is perfect!

@keath - wow, I always need to zoom in to see all of the little details you add to your work. I am definitely not up to speed on my Green Arrow lore! Also really nice plaid effect on Ollie’s shirt.

8 Likes

Haha, that just exposes how chunky some of it is! Hope you enjoyed the journey. Did you spot all four “outside the DCU” references?

Thanks so much! I almost didn’t bother to do it, but I was about to post when I realized that I somehow lost Nainai’s lower half. So while I was de-Orcoifying her this morning, I figured I’d give the flannel plaid a shot.

6 Likes

Hmm, I think you need to help me out on some of these.

1. I see the Robin Hood posters in the back.

2. What’s the reference on the t-shirt?
    GA_1

3. What’s the saying on the back of the Q-Core mugs?
    GA_2

4. Bloody XMas '95?
    GA_3

5. Arsenal’s hat - does it say (Santa) Claus?
    GA_4

5 Likes

A) I’m a little late for my new year, but there are still some people in the world who are still in December, so I think it counts.
B) This month I remembered why ADHD and perfectionist ideals don’t go well together. I literally kept restarting throughout the month every time I willed myself to get back to work. I restarted from the very beginning today even.
C) I remember why I don’t like drawing people.
D) Whoever this was for, I hope it doesn’t disappoint.
E) Happy New Year everyone.

F) I just noticed the typo on the frame, but its too late to change so yeah. For with.

10 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. Great idea with the Batfamily :laughing:.

4 Likes

Nice composition! That is a lot of characters to include in one piece and you’ve managed to have their personalities showing through.

7 Likes

I think it was for me and I love it! Amazing job @the_Rubber_Bandit

7 Likes

Very late but OMG THIS IS ADORABLE. Love lil Lian

5 Likes

This is magnificent. I love everyone’s expressions! (Especially Bruce! :D) And shirts/sweaters!
In the far corner with the white Christmas Tree shirt, is that Bernard or Jean Paul? (Assuming the former, given lack of glasses and proximity to Tim, right?)
So, left to right; Cass, Steph, Harper, Tim, Bernard, Damian, Bruce, Alfred, Jason, the last slice of pie, Kate, Dick, Babs?

4 Likes

Correct all the way down to Batpie, the Batfam’s newest member (not made with real bats)

4 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check: Yup. The Adventures of Robin Hood, 1938, starring Errol Flynn.

It’s Aurebesh … referencing a 1978 TV Movie… :wink:

It’s just supposed to say “For Seattle For You!” … not intended as any specific reference, but I of course have a whole head canon for the mugs. They’re Q-Core corporate giveaways that nobody wanted, so when Q-Core folded, Oliver ended up with several cases of them at home, and they are the only matching dishware he owns.

Yes, but that’s an in-universe reference. The year is a specific reference to the first appearance of the band that is half obscured by Oliver’s glorious buttocks.

:ballot_box_with_check: Yup. It’s supposed to say Klaus in reference to Grant Morrison and Dan Mora’s miniseries, but I suppose with the angle I drew it at there is no way to know that, huh? :thinking: Just trust me that if I didn’t pick such a chunky pen (and was a better artist) then the font would be spot on. :wink:

So you got 2.5 of 4. The last reference is less obvious, so the hint is that it’s a non-text reference to a 1984 Christmas movie. :santa:

4 Likes

I’m very relieved to hear that. :smiley:
I can only assume that’s why Damian is dancing on the table.

4 Likes

So glad you like it!
And extra glad I remembered Lian!

5 Likes

Ah, I see Mucus Membrane now. John Constantine’s band!

Hmm, for the last non-text reference to a 1984 movie…at first I thought of Lian’s Home Alone look, but that wasn’t from 1984. I’m stumped on that one!

5 Likes

Bingo bango.

Oooh, you’ve got the right character but yup, wrong movie. Here’s a spoiler/hint, depending on how immediately you recognize the cast…

Her overalls are supposed to be reminiscent of…

4 Likes

Ah, I thought there was something up with that reindeer, but I couldn’t place it. I had to go to Google for this one, but I think the movie is The Night They Saved Christmas.

5 Likes

Yeah, I failed to make it frolic properly, but that was the intent!

4 Likes