DC Facsimile Edition Comics!

I picked up that Wonder Woman comic!

2 Likes

I wish they would quit putting those bar codes on the cover, it ruins the original look.

3 Likes

Likewise. I’ve never that read that issue before, and I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

New for 12/6:

4 Likes

Iconic!

1 Like

I concur, as does Funko:

$24.99 at a Walmart near you, right now. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

OMG so cute!!!

2 Likes

The new hotness (released on 1/10/23) in the word of Facsimile Editions:

Coming up in April…“BAAAANE!”

Wayne’s dollars to Bullock’s donuts says that the below book will likely get a Facsimile Edition reprint later in the year, on account of its 30th anniversary:

3 Likes

Are these books newsprint or something not glossy with original colors? I would jump on 70’s Kirby and Batman issues if so.

Taschen recently made an oversize book of the ~20 issues of Ditko’s Spider-Man with hi-res photographs of the originals printed on heavy toothy paper. I love something like that bc Golden, Silver, & Bronze age comics the glossy paper with over saturated colors isn’t ideal.
eg replicated newsprint

modern color jobs on glossy paper

3 Likes

Agree 100%

3 Likes

Me too! I like the feel of the old paper too.

1 Like

The latest and greatest to re-emerge from DC’s archives:

@staticshocks Have you picked that one up?

3 Likes

FOUR PANELS OF GIANT 16-PANEL MURAL?!

I’m in.

3 Likes

$9.99, but given the pack-in ephemera, its likely a solid package.

Seeing that book, I kind of want to nab the Collector’s Editions of the original Milestone #1s as anniversary commemoratives.

1 Like

New for the week of 2/21:

It would be nice if DC advertised Facsimile Editions on their homepage, elsewhere online and in their books, as to date, the advertising effort behind these books has been precisely nothing.

The more your customers know of your product, the more of them will buy it.

3 Likes

The DC Connect entry for Wonder Woman # 1 Facsimile Edition would be “in it’s original glory with period-correct ads”. I just got my copy from MyComicShop and that was Not the case. What’s up with that DC?

Coming to your comic ship this Tuesday, September 12th, is the latest Facsimile Edition, Batman volume 1 #1!

Regular cover:

Foil cover:

Blank cover:

Which cover(s) are you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: picking up?

1 Like