šŸ“« DC Daily Podcast Mailbag: What Character is Best Suited for Quarantine, Hero or Villain? šŸ“«

Iā€™m just imagining Poison Ivy sitting serenely in a green room, relaxing with her plants as the rest of Gotham goes uncommonly silent.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll try to go a different route from other comments and say Damian Wayne. I bet he just hangs out in Wayne Manor all day with his pets or training or something like that. I can see him getting mad though when Bruce refuses to let him go on patrol.

Poor Nightwing wouldnā€™t be able to handle it, though. Heā€™s too much of a social butterfly.

2 Likes

I think all of the answers so far are great, but have we forgotten that joker disappeared, and allegedly lived alone for an entire year after he lost his face in death of the family. I also think he would be the most fun to watch during quarantine, with all of the ways he would find to entertain himself.

2 Likes

I think the Joker may be one of those characters who ignores all quarantine orders and just goes crazy!

ā€œOh, they think the coronavirus is bad? Waitā€™ll they get a load oā€™ me!ā€

3 Likes

White canary she has the wave rider could go anywhere to avoid it

2 Likes

Jessica Cruz, her mental health issues manifest themselves in agoraphobia and and not wanting to leave her apt. So she would be fine with shelter-in-place. However, if needed she can use the ring to create a ā€œbubbleā€ around her that could filter air or actually create oxygen. After all, to be in space, the ring has to create an internal recycling atmosphere.

Vandal Savage is my pick. Heā€™s immortal, so the virus is unlikely to affect him. However, he could be a deliberate carrier. He already thinks the planet is over-crowded. He is intimately involved in millennia of warfare, which through the centuries has involved biological warfare. Such as catapulting deceased plague victims over the walls of a city under siege, or deliberately sending in plague carriers to a city to create epidemics. He has vast financial resources, not only to develop such a virus but also could be sitting on a vaccine waiting for the right moment to capitalize on it and have the vaccine only last a given amout of time. (Similar to tetanus or rabies, vaccines that have a time limit on their effectiveness.)
Knowing the historical effects of pandemics, he could have very well ā€œshortedā€ stocks in the market to net himself millions more. That would be virtually impossible to prove as ā€œinsider informationā€. So he makes millions and itā€™s perfect legal, and the JL couldnā€™t lay a finger on him. He is perfectly positioned to silent partner to people, businesses or property owners to help them survive and gain more economic control in geographical areas he wants to expand in. Vandal plays the long game, on a global scale and all of his long term financial and property gains are legal.
These gains in money, businesses and property allow him access, through proxies, to influence politics from the local level and feed up to the state and national levels. He has this political access and leverage on a global scale. What better way to exert this power than slowly, over several centuries, to move the world more towards his vision. Best of all, itā€™s perfectly legal and makes him untouchable. Why waste time and trouble making ill-gotten gains, when one can make those gains perfectly legally. Cunning, ruthless and using his greatest advantageā€¦time. Vandal Savage is the villain best suited to use this pandemic to his advantage.

Superman, Supergirl & Power Girl. They are virtually invulnerable and likely cannot be infected or carriers. Given the lower amount of general traffic in an area, they have more room to fight and use their powers with less chance of harming innocents, simply because their are less innocents around.

1 Like

I would go Catwomanā€¦always been a lone wolf. Ready to take advantage of anyone whoā€™s not paying attention. Sheā€™ll steal items from a fully fortified fortress: to use a little comic book alliteration. In quarantine times? Hehā€¦0 problems, ideal time for her to do her thing. Bolo whip or cat ā€˜ o 9 tailsā€¦ she could fully take advantage of peopleā€™s property. Even if their locked in. Sheā€™s a master of operating, despite a fully crowded property: without being noticed.

1 Like