📫 DC Daily Podcast Mailbag: What Character is Best Suited for Quarantine, Hero or Villain? 📫

Welcome to the DC Daily Podcast Mailbag, where we ask you to send in your thoughts and feelings about upcoming discussions for a chance to be featured on the 'cast!

This week, the DC Daily Podcast crew wants to know: What character do you think is best suited for quarantine or social distancing, and why? Does isolation become some characters more than others? What villains do you think would take advantage for ill-gotten gains? Is there a hero that could fight the forces of evil better than ever?

And of course, if you have any questions for DC Daily, let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to tackle them! :mailbox_with_mail:

11 Likes

Well, Batman, obviously. He fancies himself a loner and, if he gets bored, he can just video chat with someone on that big fancy screen in the Batcave.

6 Likes

A certain doctor who gets huge wit rage from the other company is a definite first thought. However, for taking advantage, I could see President Lex Luthor taking full advantage of the pandemic. He would tout his science and push for a cure by any means necessary to make money and put himself in the good graces of the people…

7 Likes

The first and only character I thought of was Oracle. She is the definition of a work-from-home superhero.

11 Likes

Martian Manhunter will be fine as long as he has his Oreos/Chocos.

6 Likes

Mr. Freeze already lives in a hermetically sealed cold suit. This is just business as usual for him.

11 Likes

Speaking of viruses, here’s MY question for the DC Daily crew:

Which member of the Green Lantern Corps is a superintelligent smallpox virus?

ANSWER: Leezle Pon

4 Likes

Lex makes millions off shipping essential supplies for extremly high prices

4 Likes

Superman does have the fortress of solitude. He has gone there to pine and contemplate before. Maybe he can binge watch some crystals.

8 Likes

David Banner from the Incredible Hulk… oh wait wrong comic sorry! Seriously I gotta go with Bruce Wayne, cause he live in a huge mansion with Alfred along with a Batcave I might add, so he’s pretty much quarantine.

2 Likes

Seems we are on the same wavelength…

2 Likes

Two Face, he’s never alone

12 Likes

Swamp thing would love it. While everyone stays at home the planet begins to flourish again. The green is loving the self quarantine part of all this.

9 Likes

Scarecrow would definitely be the right one to take advantage of the public fears of the situation (and he does love his aerosol terror), while I imagine Penguin would be profiteering off the situation with selling knockoff masks and overpriced sanitizer.

The Green Lantern Corps is lucky, they can social distance all the way out to space or create masks with their rings.

Bruce Wayne’s rich, you gotta imagine one of those rooms has some arcade machines and an air hockey table. Which leads me to: who’s better at air hockey, Bruce or Alfred?

5 Likes

Poison Ivy, she can protect her plans from the cruel humans of Gotham and not have to worry about a forest being cut down.

3 Likes

I bet Ray Palmer would have a decent time in quarantine. I just have this picture in my head of the Atom shrinking down and getting into a literal fight with the coronavirus :joy::joy:

Plus, y’know, bio research is booming these days, and Ray’s definitely a workaholic.

7 Likes

The Amazons! Their whole island is away from everyone!

2 Likes

Agreed! Swamp Thing is overjoyed that the green is healing and humanity is falling apart

2 Likes

Oracle! Using computers to help heroes!

3 Likes

I think it is Superman. He is probably immune so he can go out and get things like groceries for you. Also Superman is clean and polite. He can also probably fly you to the fortress of solitude until all this is over. I think isolation becomes some characters with the most obvious example being the joke about how Batman works alone and broods all the time and has the whole Bat Family. I think some intergalactic villains like maybe people who want to conquer earth or people who hate Earth’s heroes and want to destroy earth. Mongol probably would honestly. Our defenses would be down and our attention will be elsewhere. Also a ton of Earth’s heroes are doctors and scientists and they are really busy right now. I think that right now superman would fight better for good. In a time like this people need hope and Superman knows that and wants to show that hope and light will destroy darkness so he will fight and help a lot more.

3 Likes