DC Daily Celebrates Andrea Romano!

Hi Everyone,

DC Daily is thrilled to be welcoming Andrea Romano in an upcoming episode!

She has Voice Directed some of our industry’s brightest and most memorable voice talent, which leaves us all in awe!

Please join us in sharing some well wishes for her and her expansive career and feel free to drop some questions in here as well! We’ll aim to share them on the show.

Cheers!
DC Daily

27 Likes

Huge Andrea fan. I listed her as top 5 favorite voice over actors even tho she usually takes a minor role. Her resume speaks for itself. Next time u watch your favorite DC animated movie chances are if u look at voice director it’s followed by Andrea Romano, usually she has some character credits in there too, b/c she’s that good.

4 Likes

Fantastic, ABSOLUTELY fantastic!

I don’t have questions yet, but I wish the lady well and offer a huge “thank you!” for her mesmerizing casting of everyone in the DC Animated Universe. I’ve followed the DCAU since Day One, and there’s never been a voice that felt off. Each and every one is perfect!

Thank you for your EXTRAORDINARY work within the DCAU (and other DC projects) Ms. Romano! :+1: :+1:

I look forward to your DC Daily return with great interest! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

One the most underrated inviduals in the formation and enduring legacy of the DCAU! Thank you so much for your hard work and passion, Andrea!

3 Likes

Andrea Romano is THE BEST! Every time I read a good comic, I hear the voices she found and directed. She’s literally responsible for the voice of the DC Universe.

9 Likes

Andrea is the best!! Her voice direction made the DCAU the best next to the original WB cartoons with Mel Blanc. Nothing comes close. Thank Andrea for adding the humanity to these stories.

5 Likes

Hi Andrea, I’m a huge fan of the show, as a teenager I’ve been collecting Toys, comics and taping the episodes to watch. My question is what was your favorite episode that you worked on? And Thankyou so much for having Kevin Conroy playing Batman! :grinning:

4 Likes

Hello Andrea! My question for you is which project was the most challenging for you to direct given the source material?

2 Likes

Awesome to see her coming back. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

I always wondered if there was pressure on her from DC to cast people who weren’t voice actors. Because many of the movies have strange casting choices, seemingly to get someone who is a bit more famous than the usual voice actors.

1 Like

Big fan of Andrea’s work.

What was it like doing voice direction for WW animated movie? The first appearance as a solo lead character for WW in 30 years. What was the pressure like to get that right? (Which Andrea did.)

4 Likes

Being that DC Comics themselves typically doesn’t have much say in their movie or TV adaptations (Warner Brothers Pictures and Warner Brothers Television make those decisions), I don’t imagine they’ve had much influence in the matter, other than simply hoping for the best and that varied productions turn out the best they can.

1 Like

One other question for Andrea,

Having worked on so many DC properties over your career, both tv and film. Has any project or character “sucked you in” to reading comics beyond items that are relevant/adapted for your work? (Aka, have you read comics for fun? If so m, what were they?)

BTW, James Woods as Owlman in Crisis on Two Earths was brilliant casting.

2 Likes

Thank you Ms. Romano for being yet another voice from the echoes of nostalgia that is my childhood! of course for your roles in batman but also for your roles in animaniacs and tiny toons!

2 Likes

Has there ever been a particular actor you had in mind for a role, but couldn’t get?

2 Likes

Is there a character you’ve seen in the comics and thought “They should be in our show, and I know just the perfect person to play them.” but the character then never appeared in a particular show, and as a result you had to scuttle that bit of dream casting?

3 Likes

Woo-hoo! HUGE fan of Andrea Romano! Gotta ask:

Bruce Timm has repeatedly said that Justice League and Justice League Unlimited was his favorite show to work on out of all the original DC animated projects. Don’t know if it’s the same for you or if you even can pick a favorite project, but what was the experience and your favorite parts about working on JL/JLU?

4 Likes

Was there ever a chance u took with a beloved character that u were afraid may upset hardcore fans, that ended up earning a positive response?

2 Likes

Andrea Romano, an absolute HERO of the industry. We are all so grateful for your work in DC and beyond. Your brilliance and nuance pushed everything you worked on right to the next level.

3 Likes