DC Convert

I was a Marvel person for 30 years. Ive found that DC comics have a richer sound, like vinyl. Enjoying 70s Batman and JSA.

42 Likes

Welcome aboard!

7 Likes

“Like vinyl” well said

11 Likes

Welcome aboard! :clark_hv_4:

70’s Batman and JSA both kick major ass.

7 Likes

I started reading DC just after crisis on infinite Earths but I went cold turkey with Marvel after reading the Spider-Man clone saga still have nightmares about that thing

10 Likes

Welcome welcome!

5 Likes

The “clone saga” almost put the kibosh on Marvel. Worst story-line in Marvel’s history. But @ericwwork.67907 welcome aboard. May I suggest that after you savor those great 70’s Batman comics you turn the clock back a decade and immerse yourself in the silly, whacky, entertaining Silver Age '60s?

8 Likes

Thank you all. What a welcoming group. Ug, the Clone Saga. I didnt go back to Marvel until '99 because of mid 90s Marvel. True Story: In '88 or '89 I was 13 and at a convention. I didn’t know who Dan Jurgens was so I bought a Superman book and had him sign it. He asked if I liked Superman and, being honest, I told him no. He threatend to rip up the book,grilled me on what I did like, and gave me a list of books to read. Now, I know he was messing with me, but at the time I thought he was dead serious.

11 Likes

The 70s Batman is a great place to start looking at that character. That is the rebirth of The Batman of the modern age.
Yes, The Dark Knight Returns gets all the glam, but he was standing on the bedrock built in the 70s. I’d also recommend Green Lantern/Green Arrow of that time period as well. The Bronze Age is the most misunderstood age of comics. So much of comics today owe their character reinterpretation to the Bronze Age.

I will also echo the sentiments of @baseballmaniac01.45870 that a look back into the Silver Age. It’s so worth it. A time when comics really led the way as pure, fun, escapist entertainment. I think it’s always good to build a foundation that realizes comic books are supposed to be fun.

9 Likes

Love it. Welcome to the DC universe full time.

3 Likes

Welcome to one of the best fan forums around. Hope you enjoy your time with the DCU Community as much as you do reading the comics!

6 Likes

Heya, @ericwwork.67907! I’m one of the local moderators here, just dropping in to say “welcome” and that I LOVE the comparison of DC to a rich vinyl. Agreed with above, very well said :slight_smile: Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

9 Likes

Welcome! It is nice to hear that you like DC. Can’t wait to see what insight you bring to the community.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community looking forward to some good discussions and insights from you.

3 Likes

One of us!! One of us!!

9 Likes

Welcome to the club

2 Likes

Gooble Gobble.

3 Likes

Welcome to the DC universe. Enjoy this awesome service.

5 Likes

Welcome Legionair! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

You are going to love the world of DC.

6 Likes