DC Community First Look: The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special Armband!

Aw man! I was hoping that it’d be in the deluxe edition lol

Well, I’m buying three copies of the 30th AS:

• Regular edition
  • Bagged edition
  • Jim Lee variant cover

I won’t open the bagged one, as I’ll never wear the armband (nor have I worn the one in my opened bagged copy of Superman #75), but its worth having, all the same, so as to represent the circling around of 30 years of bagged comics starring DC’s best and brightest. :nerd_face:

1 Like

From the DC YouTube channel:

2 Likes

I am so excited for this! The Death of Superman is my favorite Superman storyline from the comics, so I’m so excited that they’re doing this 30-year anniversary special!

Every time I reread the Death of Superman, I always listened to this towards the end of the book. (0:00-5:22)

4 Likes

I just finished reading all the way through The Death of Superman not too long ago, so I’m looking forward to this myself. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve HOPE that it’s gonna be great! :0_superman:

4 Likes

I hope so, too! It really should be. :superman:

4 Likes

Will this armband be an actual wearable item or an NFT? How will I recieve this item digital or otherwise?

3 Likes

It’s a physical item.

4 Likes

If it was an NFT, I would’ve been extremely disappointed lol. That would’ve been a major lost opportunity for them to make that armband real.

3 Likes

The Death of Superman was great, but that World Without a Superman arc that came out immediately after, and before the Reign was some of the best comic books of that era.

4 Likes

BEHOLD, my friend!

4 Likes

So preeeetty…

Thanks for sharing that @millernumber1! I came in here EXACTLY for the purpose of seeing if anyone had one yet. :laughing: :purple_heart: :crystal_ball: What luck!

4 Likes

I live to serve! I hope I can get one of those trade paperbacks of the original event as a DCUIU member to go with it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed!

I just cracked mine open, and as Dory said in Finding Nemo, “Its so pretty.”

My plan of attack for this week’s reads is:

• Superman #75 30th Anniversary SE
  • WildC.A.T.S #1
  • The New Golden Age
  • Superman: Son of Kal-El #17
  • TDOS Anniversary Special

Its a Sooperman anniversary sammich, and those are always swell sammies (my fav’rit, in point of fact)! :superman:

@Razzzcat Are you going to check out the book?

If you are, that’d be…wait for it…:superman:uper, man. :sunglasses:

2 Likes