DC Comics Multiverse

I’d love to see comic books, animated shorts, films and movies, even live-action series about the amazing multiverse.

6 Likes

They are still doing Earth One books. But I haven’t heard about anything else planned.

1 Like

That’s one of the many reasons why I’m so excited for Crisis on Infinite Earths in December. Along w/ all the earths they’ve confirmed, I’m hoping there will be even more surprise universes the crossover will explore over the five episodes

1 Like

Robert Venditti’s 12 issue Freedom Fighters series takes place on Earth-X, picking up where Multiversity’s “Master Men” issue left off.

3 Likes

Freedom Fighters is a great series.

2 Likes

Ever since the birth of the current DC Continuity 8 years ago, I’ve been wanting somebody to use the Earth 2 books as the inspiration for a television series, because there’s a lot you could get out of them that would make for good serialized storytelling.

3 Likes

Inspired by my own desire, I’ve come up with an outline for an Earth 2-inspired TV series, but anyone between two options: using a roster that initially includes Power Woman, Huntress, and Captain Steel, and using a roster that initially excludes those characters.

If I decided to include those 3 characters, my initial roster would be Power Woman, Huntress, Wildcat (Yolanda), Red Tornado (Lois gynoid), Captain Steel, The Flash, Green Lantetn, and Doctor Fate, but if I excluded them, my roster would be The Atom, The Flash, Green Lantern, Doctor Fate, Hawkwoman, Wildcat (Yolanda), Red Tornado (Lois gynoid), and Hawkwoman.

Anybody have thoughts on which roster I should initially use?

1 Like

I’d look at pairing down your rosters to a team of 6 or 7, from your current 8 count. Having a lot of “main heroes” is problematic. It’s a lot of characters and each individual characters plot thread, not to mention plot threads that include the entire team and/or subgroups of the team. Especially for a first season or two. Go back and look at Justice League and LoT for examples. Both maxed out at 7.

1 Like

Venditti and Barrows have been absolutely killing it. I can’t wait to read the last 2 issues

1 Like

I was purposefully starting with a roster of 8 because of the fact that there were 8 original World Wonders (my roster would be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Supergirl, Robin, Mister 8, and Captain Steel).

I just couldn’t decide if I wanted to have 3 of the “New World Wonders” roster slots taken up by members of the first “World Wonders” team or if I wanted to go with a roster of brand-new heroes who emerged 5 years after the Apokaliptian alien invasion that destroyed the original World Wonders team.

There are pros and cons to both approaches, which is why I figured I’d see what other people thought.

1 Like

3 Likes

I ended up deciding to go with a New World Wonders roster of Green Lantern, Flash, Doctor Fate, The Atom, Red Tornado, Wildcat, Aquawoman, and Red Tornado, and also went to the trouble of “fancasting” pretty much every character that would have a part in the first season of my series. I don’t want to ‘derail’ this thread, though, and so I’m going to post a full breakdown of my Earth 2 series idea in a not-very-often-visited “Pitch” Thread I made in the Fan Creations subforum, which can be found here:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/digificwriters-pitch-thread/

1 Like

As an addendum/edit to my last post, I started planning out my Pilot and re-reading the Earth 2 comics, and ended up having to completely rethink my character roster.

1 Like