DC comics, AT@T Warner Bros Studios, HBO Max, BBC studios, and Doctor Who Projects

I just learned from the article Doctor Who’ Series 13 & 14 Confirmed, HBO Max Reveals—But Will Whittaker Stick Around?
Will Whittaker do the traditional three series?. And Series 13 (Doctor Who)/Tards core wiki. That Doctor Who is moving to HBO Max streaming service and so could WarnerMedia and HBO Max be able to work something out between DC comics(AT&T Warner Bros Studios owned franchise) and Doctor Who (BBC studios/BBC one owned Franchise) to through a series of a blend of none crossover adventures and more of an intercompany crossover adventures work on building the bridge between DC comics Dark Knight: Metal/Infinite Frontier Greater Omniverse storyline and UK Marvel/Doctor who Omniverse storyline as more of something special in adjacent to what is already planned for Doctor Who and DC comics within their separate areas. Using the DC Extended Universe/DC comics HBO Max universe/DC comics covered(Arrowverse) shows and films and Doctor Who tv show/film as the film/tv show media for those potentially multi-media adventures. I understand the complexity of the legal and financial sides but I was talking about if something uniquely special could be arranged for HBO Max streaming service viewers. I guess I was thinking like HBO Max could act like the middle ground arena for Doctor Who and DC comics similarly to the publishing businesses/publishing businesses that had historically done Marvel/DC and JLA/Avengers?

I understand that it would potentially be quite difficult due to the various corporate/legal /financial hoops. I was simply requesting/questioning about some attempts in that sort of area.

I’d love to see some DC/Doctor Who crossovers, personally. But at this point it’s not very likely — while HBO Max does have the streaming rights, Doctor Who’s comic publishing rights are currently handled by Titan Comics, a UK-based publisher specializing in television property tie-ins. Though previously affiliated with DC, Titan cut ties with the company in 2018 to focus on original output.

4 Likes

I think it’s interesting that Titan made prose novels for DC and Marvel, though Marvel’s tended to be more on the original side. Sadly, that’s seemingly over and Aconyte took over the Marvel prose work. I wish they were more available throughout my state’s various library systems.

I was talking about more than just DC and Doctor Who comic crossovers but like DC and Doctor Who cinematic film and tv show crossovers that is why I mentioned HBO Max. I think you and the other person misunderstood me.

Ok I misunderstood you making me think that you misunderstood me I apologize. I hope that something or someone else might convinced Titan comics otherwise because personally I find that unless there would be constant reboots (as DC comics have discovered on their own actually at times get pretty old from fans perspectives) there really can’t be much truly genuinely creative ideas with original output because eventually without any sort of intercompany crossovers the there eventually gradually ends up a running out/using up of the genuine creative stories because eventually it simply ends up being stories being repeated (rebooted) over and over again with only slight variations.

I contacted Titan comics on this hopefully getting them to reconsider their decision on not cooperating with DC comics.

I guess I am admitting that possibly unlike other sub franchise/subcompany crossovers or ever Intercompany/interfranchise crossover fans I honestly view that the various entertainment industry companies/franchises rather than necessarily being competitors they actually are actually complimentors to each other building on each other and fixing/friendly criticism upon each others character and storyline weaknesses in order to improve each other and others overall and ultimately that is where genuine true unique creativity comes from without that eventually it all goes into a downward spiral of constant reboots (as DC comics have discovered on their own actually at times get pretty old from fans perspectives) there really can’t be much truly genuinely creative ideas with original output because eventually without any sort of intercompany crossovers the there eventually gradually ends up a running out/using up of the genuine creative stories because eventually it simply ends up being stories being repeated (rebooted) over and over again with only slight variations.

You went to Titan comics with this? I’d be interested in their response.

I love the enthusiasm for stuff like this, but I also have to agree that this would also be a logistical nightmare.

Companies are protective of their IPs, so crossovers even more so now take an almost Herculean effort.

I would agree with you except you guys don’t seem to get that do to the Papacy and leadership of the economical corporate world the environment and structure that you are talking about is changing/evolving from what you previously understood/learned the last few years especially this last year of 2020 into something called Inclusive Capitalism and the Papacy and leadership of the economical corporate world team up being the Coalition of Inclusive Capitalism and it might just be the matter of helping those leaders in understanding how such Intercompany crossovers/Cross-franchise within the multi-media of the entertainment industry might just be useful tools for their newly developed goals for influencing/educating/controling the national and International and singular cultural and multicultural and singular ethnicity and multi-ethnicity society as a whole.

Speaking of Doctor Who – I know it’s not exactly the same thing, but David Tennant was just announced to be playing Loki in the second volume of Audible’s Sandman series!

1 Like

We got all the DC/Doctor Who crossover we need when they let Chris Burnham write an issue of Batman, Incorporated

2 Likes

Wait wait wait, First, I’m trying to figure out this puzzle as it’s lost in a sea of jumbled ideas. You say “Papacy” as in the pope…? So, according to what you said you hope to get the Pope and the corporate world to become interested in the ideas is inter-franchise crossovers? I remember once before you mentioning about the United Nations with this, too. You know this isn’t their jurisdiction, right?

Second, you seem invested in an omniverse. It’s not a new idea per say but it definitely is a fun one. The thing is, in practice it’s difficult. Let’s look at the hoops Who Framed Roger Rabbit had to go through and that was back in 1988. And that was just cartoon characters. Again, nothing wrong with wanting to see one happen, but it’s not that simple.

Love the enthusiasm, as you seem really keen on this. I’m just curious what the ultimate goal here is. If it’s to implore Warner Bros/ DC on these, I don’t think the higher ups are on the message boards, much less taking unsolicited pitches.

If it’s just to discuss the ideas of crossovers, then I’m game. One of the oldest discussions among comic fans is how fun it is if characters met :slightly_smiling_face:

All I was trying to point out that when you and others say (the following: I love the enthusiasm for stuff like this, but I also have to agree that this would also be a logistical nightmare.

Companies are protective of their IPs, so crossovers even more so now take an almost Herculean effort. And Absolutely correct. Sadly people in suits who make decisions for multi-national corporations disagree with your opinion.

What my response has to do with the subject is that I am pointing out that the big business world appears to be in the process of evolving from the format of what you had understood previously with your guys’ response to me with You went to Titan comics with this? I’d be interested in their response.

[![|80x80](](

[superby1](

1d ago

I love the enthusiasm for stuff like this, but I also have to agree that this would also be a logistical nightmare.

Companies are protective of their IPs, so crossovers even more so now take an almost Herculean effort. And Titan response Absolutely correct. Sadly people in suits who make decisions for multi-national corporations disagree with your opinion. Which as I told them and trying to tell you guys that through the gradual formation of Inclusive Capitalism that actually appears to be evolving and changing from what it originally was and so who knows in the arena/topic of Intercompany crossovers/crossfranchise crossovers what the overall environment of the Entire Entertainment industry will be as result of the revolutionary evolution through inclusive Capitalism. I simply am trying to recommend you to regularly update yourself in how Inclusive Capitalism is changing/evolving the entire global wide industries including the Entertainment industry and its various entertainment industry franchises.

I have been Facebook messenging communication the Coalition of Inclusive Capitalism on this to try include all of this as they gradually accomplish their goals for such things they might actually find being useful tools in accomplishing their goals overall.

HA! That’s a good one.

1 Like

Cutting and pasting from a website, especially given this length, may not have helped your argument. The best advice I can give is to pair down any information to the essentials as to make your argument clearer. Right now it’s lost in the miasma of information you posted here.

1 Like

I was trying to do research because I remembered the name of the major movement at the top of my head but not necessarily all of their goals and strategies to achieve those goals in depth detail. That is why I had copied and pasted all that I had. Especially since even when I can’t quite remember everything I have difficulties in summarization and so you saying that Cutting and pasting from a website, especially given this length, may not have helped your argument. The best advice I can give is to pair down any information to the essentials as to make your argument clearer. Doesn’t seem to be quite fair from my personal perspective.