DC Comics a Parallel Universe?!

So the title got your eyes and now you’re wondering what I’m going to ask; sit back and get ready to give me your opinion. The people that have this app like or love the stories DC Comics give us so; what if those stories we read in comics are actual events that have happened in a parallel universe. The writer has some sort of psychic phenomenon that shows those events to him or her and they record it for our entertainment. Let me know your thoughts or opinions on this subject. Do you think there is a Multiverse?

3 Likes

Dear God I hope not. I know my taste are not for everyone because of their grittiness, sex, and violence.

Any writer or artist who is experiencing the stories I’m reading would quickly go insane. The Boys, The Authority, Hitman are 3 titles I love but would I want to live there, nope.

3 Likes

I definitely believe there’s parallel universes. I remember hearing there’s like 5 Scientists think exist.

2 Likes

If there’s an infinite number of universes out there all determined by fluctuations in probability- each one representative of a way a single molecule could have moved or changed in the entire history of time- then all possible universes must exist.

3 Likes

I have said it before I’ll always say it comic books have taught me to think outside the box.

2 Likes

I truly believe they’re are other planets in our galaxy we have not reached or seen that can contain some form of life, wether some form of humans or other race.

3 Likes

basically asking do you think there is parallel universe or alternative timeline I do like your thinking. Reality’s crazy is as it is and just to big to say definitely no there isn’t any Intelligent life in the universe. Also CIA FBI or any other government intelligence we are just talking. Maybe you should say more than no comment.

2 Likes

Has anyone read Grant Morrison’s book Super Gods? This is his thinking - that everything we’re reading is actually happening at some level.

2 Likes

@ralphsix is it on this app

No, it’s not a comic and not published by DC. It’s his actual book book. It’s like him…It gets a bit trippy. He gets into the whole comics are parallel universes thing extensively, though.

1 Like

Mathematically that’s not really possible. For there to be multiple realities you would need a base point that starts all of them. They wouldn’t just exist and keep on existing. There would also be a tangible way to know they exist. The premise of multiple realities is based far to much in theory than actual scientific fact. Remember that not all scientists believe in such things. Nor can one assume that all scientists believe in that.

2 Likes

@ralphsix ok thanks for suggesting it I have a book to check out at the library now.

2 Likes

Just an example. Not saying it’s for sure. The universe is so large & expanding. We don’t know what’s out there. They’ve already found thousands of earth like planets in Goldilocks zones. It’s way to big, to just be us. It’s literally endless & expanding nonstop.

But the math doesn’t really support it. The universe might be expanding, but so far there is no evidence of life other than us. It takes the right, almost impossible, amount of odds for us to even exist. The math for everything on earth is next to impossible to replicate. Think about this. If we were a degree off of our axis in the solar system our world would be uninhabitable. That’s just one small detail in an already complex universe. Even if another planet was to get it right, there are parts of our cells that can’t come from evolution. Pieces that need to be there from the beginning to even allow us to evolve in the way we are theorized to have. The math is just impossible to replicate.

1 Like

would it be cool if Supes existed? Yes. But it’s not likely.

1 Like

Right. That’s the Goldilocks Zone. Sun too close boils the oceans. Too far oceans freeze. There are other planets in that zone. The universe is infinite. The math would support it. When there’s infinity involved. It’s almost impossible to say it couldn’t be anywhere else. It almost has to be. When you’ve literally got an infinite amount of chances. You’ve got an infinite amount of chances lol. All the smartest minds the Earth has ever had, say the same thing. It’s almost impossible we’re alone. Math wise, there’s infinite variables. Plus, we base it on what we know. Other life forms might not need everything we do. They still say, even with our unique conditions, there’s gotta be other life. Without our conditions, life could adapt & not have to play by the rules we set.

1 Like

I have a hard time believing that there isn’t other life somewhere in the vast reaches of space, I just can’t imagine it looks anything like us.

Parallel universes, though…that I have a hard time getting my brain around.

2 Likes

In Superman meets the Fantastic Four, someone was a comic book character brought to reality and one was real.

Oh damn, you ever see Garfield Gets Real? Comic strips are shot like movies by the respective characters. Comic metas are fun.

2 Likes

This is a debate that has happened for years, and sadly my day did not go well. So please allow me to debate you on this subject at another time.

2 Likes

@Behemoth sorry about your day take a quick recess come back when you’re ready