DC Collectible News

InexperiencedScrawnyHairstreak-max-1mb

7 Likes

These figures are too cool not to pre-order

4 Likes

There’s a new Constantine teen readers series out-

He’s called ‘Johnny Constantine’ in it. :purple_heart:ing that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Lucifer

5 Likes

Armored McFarlane ZSJL Darkseid is available for pre-order as a Target Gold Label exclusive.

8 Likes

Walmart’s getting an exclusive of the King Shark build-a-figure by itself

[edit - pre-order works! i just worked it!]

also in-package shots of The Suicide Squad wave, along with variants

that Idris is…something. and where are the torso joints, Todd???

edit - most of the wave’s up for pre-order on Amazon

Harley (cc @DC89)
Polka Dot Man
Bloodsport

5 Likes

ok so far it looks like the single-release King Shark has different shorts than the build-a-figure version, in addition to the arm and leg. maybe different skin-tones?

i plan on getting Harley, so King Shark will have a spare butt

5 Likes

I NEED this Harls figure. Yep. :00_harley_quinn: :00_harlivy: :0_harley_quinn: :harley_delicioushqtas: :cobb_squad: :harleys_crew: :00_suicide_squad2:

8 Likes

i love her big clunky boots! and i suspect this could be the only figure we’ll get of her in her dress.

3 Likes

Agreed. :+1:

Sideshow’s gonna’ be selling this Bandai crafted comics look accurate TSS Harls in December. She comes in at just under 6" tall and she looks awesome!

I’m def gonna’ pick it up.

7 Likes

that looks great! i wonder which costume Mafex will do. sometimes i like their more stylized look, as seen in the comparison below!

5 Likes

No offense meant to its fans, but I will never not hate the DCEU Harley and Joker designs. I thought the Suicide Squad designs as a whole were just grimy and one note.

4 Likes

Thanx for this Mr. @biff_pow. :smiley:

4 Likes

I have to agree with you here @SWhite. The first SS movie’s costume designers truly crafted some horrible looks for the cast in this movie, so it just stands to reason that the film’s figure offerings would echo the same sub-par looks.

5 Likes

Can’t afford this, nor do I have the space for it, but… man…

10 Likes

I’m digging the Multiverse Suicide Squad figures. Harl’s face isn’t 100% to MR, but it’s close enough.

Interesting that Armored Darkseid is a Target exclusive. What does that mean for Gold Label releases, then?

My theory: The Gold Label Collection will become a shared exclusive label between Walmart and Target. Each retailer will still have exclusive figures, but they will now hail from branding that is exclusive to two retailers, rather than just one.

The question is, does one pick up both versions of Darkseid, or just the one they like the most?

Speaking of variations, the unmasked Bloodsport and Peacemaker are kind of neat, but I might pass on them in favor of the regular editions.

The Gold Label King Shark…yeah, I’ll probably snag him. Nobody will likely top Mattel’s Multiverse King Shark in terms of sheer badassery, but for a movie-based figure, I dig what McFarlane has on tap.

Between Mattel (Imaginext), Spin Master (2", 4" and 12" scales) and McFarlane (the figures above), 2020 and 2021 sure have been good years for collectors who are King Shark fans.

5 Likes

Walmart says only 5 King Shark pre-orders left!

and seen on @ZPat07’s Twitter, apparently the solo release has blood around his mouth, too

but it totally looks more like he cut himself shaving, a lot

9 Likes

Only picking up one, the armored version. Half naked Darkseid wasn’t doing it for me.

5 Likes

Between the two, I do prefer the armored look.

However, the Fourth World geek in me wants the regular version too, so as to showcase both looks of Darkseid’s cinematic debut.

4 Likes

O’er on YouTube, I saw some looks at the Pops and Mystery Minis for The Suicide Squad. I’d link to the videos, but they’re from channels I begrudgingly watch, and therefore don’t wish to give further traffic to. Pictures will pop up soon elsewhere, if they haven’t already. :slight_smile:

Anyway…

The Pops look rad. There are 3 Harleys (red and black jacket, red dress, twirling red dress), Rick Flag, Ratcatcher, Captain Boomerang, Bloodsport, Peacemaker, King Shark and…I think that’s all.

The Mystery Minis have a nice variety, including characters not seen in the Multiverse line (so far, at least) and the Pops.

For the Pops and Minis, I’ll snag the characters that are unique to those lines, while passing on most of the Pops and Minis that are of characters McFarlane is doing (Harley and King Shark being the exceptions, as their Minis and Pops are pretty schnazzy).

5 Likes