DC Collectible News

:eyes:

7 Likes

Guessing the new Super Powers line is a Walmart exclusive, seeing as nobody online (including the McFarlane Store) has pre-order links for the figures and vehicles as they do for current and upcoming product from McFarlane’s other DC lines.

Plus, I saw a toy hunt video on YouTube where somebody came across 10 or 12 Darkseids at their Walmart (no Superman or Batwing).

Is it known if Superman has articulated knees like the Kenner original, or are his legs just sculpted to look that way? The pictures from TNI don’t really give a good look at any potential knee movement.

These are only $10? Well, I’ll definitely buy doubles of all of series 1, then. At some point. :wink:

Also, here’s a picture of the back of the Batwing’s box from eBay (crane your head):

I really wish eBay sellers would pay more attention to their photos. Is a horizontal picture that hard? :facepalm_catwoman:

7 Likes

This would be really bad news for me. My Walmart is terrible at stocking DC stuff, and exclusives on their website sell out in seconds. Really hope SP is not exclusive to them.

6 Likes

Not sure. Don’t see any good pictures.

6 Likes

Maybe Walmart has initial exclusivity, at least? :man_shrugging:t2: Either way, they do seem to be getting them.

I remember @DC89 saying San Fran doesn’t have Walmarts (and why is that? Does WM not like SF?), so if they are exclusive and I should come across the figures or Batwing, I’ll mentally will extras your guys’ way. :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

They’re all over the Bay Area, just not in The City. Can’t imagine where they’d find the square footage for a Walmart in San Francisco.

6 Likes

Batman starting to show up now too :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Local businesses have a strong presence at SF City Hall and with the city planning commission.

There’s so much commercial real estate up for grabs now that many of the tech firms have relocated out of the city that I wouldn’t be surprised if they opened one up east of New Montgomery st. on the ground floor of one of the high rises, or at basement level like what’s happening over in Oakland these days (Target’s leading the way on this). But the SF Chamber of Commerce is still backing local so I don’t imagine that’ll happen anytime soon.

9 Likes

Is he? I just did a “McFarlane Super Powers” eBay search and with the results set by newly-listed, but only Superman and Darkseid show up (along with the vertical Batwing).

searches again

Nothing.

does a search for “McFarlane Super Powers Batman”

Still nothing. Must not be on the 'Bay, yet.

5 Likes

Target is at least in San Fran, yeah? I’ll need someplace to hunt, early next year.

5 Likes

Check it: A horizontal photo of the Batwing and the Supermobile (the one I want most between the two):

6 Likes

Yep. They’re located in the same blockplex as my fave movie theater:

Right off of Market st here in Downtown SF.

10 Likes

Is that the only Target there, or are there more?

…and yeah, I know I can Google “Target in San Francisco”, but its just past 7 and I’m feeling lazy (long work day), so I’mma be lazy until dinner is delivered. :yum:

SN: Too bad that AMC isn’t titled “Metron 16”, because it’d be a great tip of the hat to Kirby fans.

6 Likes

Not sure :thinking:. It’s the only one I know of.

8 Likes

Gotcha. Asking as I’ll be in CA in January, so I’m making a “Places to see.” list now.

admits that only toy nerds would consider Target a “place to see” priority when traveling and touring

Take that, Gyu-Haku Japanese BBQ! :joy:

admits that Japanese BBQ sounds really good right now

7 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

From the Kenner Super Powers Collectors group on Facebook

8 Likes

:+1:

7 Likes

As George said on Seinfeld (home to many a sweet DC reference):

“Sweet fancy Moses!” :star_struck:

I want it, I want it!

Also: They used the Batman logo that debuted on Batman #608! :tada: I’mma squeal now!

Squee! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Black Adam movie figures up at Entertainment Earth:

I’mma def get these Dr. Fate and Hawkman figures. :+1:

6 Likes