DC Collectible News

Pre 2009 CGC pricing (and vintage comics on the whole) was def more reasonable, but after the big Hollywood driven influx (MCU movies) of new collectors in the space post 2009 CGC prices essentially went through the roof. :eyes: I was lucky enough to snap up my Detective Comics #475 and #476 (The Laughing Fish) in 7.8 from SDCC back in 2002 for $210 total. There’s no way I could get them for that price now.

7 Likes

Good times. It was much more affordable to be a collector before Iron Man 2. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Any other new DC wares you can shed some light on that will be joining the reset? Spin Master Swamp Thing, Lex and Flash box sets…McFarlane/DCD Page Punchers, etc.?

Also: Have you seen League of Super-Pets toys in your store?

I keep an eye out for them in the Imaginext (also by Fisher-Price) aisle, and being that the movie is a month and change away, I would think Target would have Fisher-Price’s LOSP product on-shelf by now, especially since Amazon’s had it for well over a month.

I’m hoping Target will have a featured end cap of LOSP product, because there’s some pretty spiffy-looking stuff in the line, and I’d prefer to buy it in-store at Target before I buy it online at Amazon.

A. Good man! The collecting community highly appreciates folks like you. :+1:t2:

B. I don’t like Target street-dating product for their own reasons.

For product based on upcoming brand-new entertainment launches, I fully understand and absolutely agree with street dates.

But for product based on existing entertainment, wherein there are no spoiler risks and the licensor themselves doesn’t have it street-dated, I think Target tends to be a bit silly about stuff like that.

After all, if the licensor doesn’t put a date restriction on the product (which the licensees and all retail partners must then abide by), I don’t think Target has any right to put their own street date on something, no matter if its for stocking practices, resets, etc.

They’d be much better off applying the energy of needlessly street-dating toys that their licensor and licensee(s) have no restrictions on toward overhauling their antiquated inventory system (which has let a ton of street-dated product, DC and non-DC, slip through the cracks and onto shelves before it should be put out) instead.

Agreed.

Even if I could swing 1K for Burton Batman stuff, it’d likely go to a MIB Kenner Dark Knight Collection Turbojet Batwing and the Toy Biz Batcave and Bat-vehicles instead.

After all, why have one shiny-shine when I can have many?

Yay, more Larfleeze goodies! :hugs:

reads that its a con exclusive

Oh, well. Back to window shopping for this Larfleeze, instead:

6 Likes

Honestly? Not a clue. I usually don’t know until the product shows up or I do the reset and I see a new tag. And that aisle changes in 2 weeks. At least, at my store. :woman_shrugging:

I haven’t seen any Super Pet stuff though.

6 Likes

Good to know. I’m going to start keeping my four eyes open for resets at my stores in the coming days/weeks.

6 Likes

:smiley: :star_struck:

xhs1A
x376

5 Likes

Kind of confusing if u ever got your answer? But just in case it’s a Kotobukiya. I only have a few from that brand but there money in the bank good. Just usually can’t afford em. Caught Grodd at the perfect time. Price dipped, carted it, shot right back up within that same week.

4 Likes

I have a question about something I heard on a Docuseries called Rockstar. A guy on their claimed; he had every single figure, figure line, mail out, limited edition & giveaway contest figures from every single action figure line ever made since 1964’. He also claimed 450,000 comics owned which, that I’ll buy. But, does anyone think that’s even possible? Every single one, regardless of what the action figure line is. He had a phd in action figures & their impact on society. Boy did I choose the wrong profession!!! Especially if it’s true that means it has to pay extremely well. He claimed every variant as well. So like Castle of Grayskull kit with microphone & one without. That wasn’t one that was mentioned just my own example. But, if what he claims is true, then he does have both. I just can’t wrap my head around it being true. Star Wars alone would be ridiculous, G.I. Joe, The WWF wrestling figures, DC etc etc. Idk? I just thought I’d put it out there and see what the common consensus was/is?

7 Likes

I don’t know. More than anything it just sounds like a lonely unfulfilling life. Sorry to get all judgmental, but that’s my knee jerk reaction to reading that story. For me, there’s a fine line between collecting being a hobby and an unhealthy obsession, you know? Seems like that line’s been in this guy’s rear view mirror for a long time, whether his claims are true or not.

6 Likes

That’s a great answer for a very open-ended tough question!!! I agree with it being unhealthy if u go that far. I guess my biggest thing is that I can’t wrap my head around it. Thinking about owning all the toy lines that had action figures is already too much. But, to claim every mail-in, giveaway contest, he literally said every version of every figure. I’m calling @#$$&# on that…can’t help but to? The dichotomy I can’t escape is that I keep picturing all of what he would have & I almost want it to be true, simply just to know someone achieved that. But, as u said, who knows at what price & not just financially which would be enough on its own. Ty @moro for entertaining me & dropping a very well put response down!!!

5 Likes

I love your new profile image.

7 Likes

Thanks man.

Not a lot of search results for Bibbo (none that look good with the blurry avatars we have anyway), had to dig this one up from a recent comic :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

Sooperman…lol. Bibbos the best. One time heavyweight champion of the boxing world- free fun fact. That new avatar is rocking’, I did notice but I was consumed with aforementioned man’s statement haha…

5 Likes

One of my favorite all time quotes. Seems like I’m always in that frame of mind :joy:.

Thank you :pray:

6 Likes

:joy: on the first part. - & u bet on the compliment.

4 Likes

Target Multiverse preorders up soon

yeahok

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

Oh the figures I’m having to purchase for a Starro.

6 Likes

Where mah nu Rae Rae figure at, hmm toymakers?!

:00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

Def gonna’ snap up this Owlman tho. :grin: :smiley:

10 Likes

these gifs are keepers :laughing: i hope that little girl’s ok/everyone around her is ok

7 Likes

:laughing:

9 Likes