DC Collectible News

i feel like lego has become a sociology experiment to see how much money people will pay for a chore

5 Likes

3 Likes

For the Batman Funko Pop lover (guilty), Funko Pop has created this…

Entertainment Earth Exclusive! Batman really “pops” in this amazing DC Comics Batman #423 McFarlane Pop! Comic Cover Figure with Case - Entertainment Earth Exclusive. The dynamic figure feature’s Todd McFarlane’s iconic stylization throughout the sculpt and is accompanied by a backdrop of the iconic Batman #423 issue that inspired it. This limited edition collector’s piece even comes in a hard protector case to keep the Dark Knight in top form! The Batman mini-figure stands about 3 3/4-inches tall, while the case measures approximately 11-inches x 7-inches x 3 1/2-inches. This is a terrific centerpiece for any comic book collection or the desk of a fan of the Caped Crusader, so order yours while you can!

Pre-order from Entertainment Earth here.

DC Comics Batman #423 McFarlane Pop! Comic Cover Figure with Case - Entertainment Earth Exclusive

5 Likes

That’s nifty, and a McFarlane-style Batman I can get behind.

Thanks for the 411! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

OMG- Natali Sanders has an 11" x 17" print of Rae Rae for sale and I MUST HAVE IT. :eyes: :star_struck: :00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

4 Likes

@DC89 don’t buy it on ebay. Go to Natalie’s site at darksilverstudio.com and get it on sale for $5.10 signed. That’s where I got mine.

4 Likes

Thx so much for the heads up @AK_Bandit. :smiley: Will def buy it there. Should’ve realized she’d be selling them at her site. :purple_heart: her work sooo much!

4 Likes

Cool! Thanks for sharing! I don’t understand what’s different about Gold Label though? :thinking:

6 Likes

I actually find building Lego sets calming and therapeutic…like a 3D puzzle. But yeah, too much money for me.

5 Likes

yeah, i’m just kidding :laughing: i can totally see it being therapeutic

3 Likes

huge Best Buy discounts on some McFarlane figures

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-select-mcfarlane-action-figures

5 Likes

Generally, Gold Label figures (regardless of line, as its branding that runs across multiple lines by McFarlane) are retail exclusives wherein the item is different from its general retail release.

This was the very first Gold Label release (and a Walmart exclusive) by McFarlane:

The differences are usually minimal. Maybe a figure’s accessories and paint applications are different than the regular release, or the GL edition might have a different head or some other difference, etc., etc.

In the McFarlane-designed WW’s case, this was the regular retail edition…

…and in comparison to the GL edition…

…the paint apps on the figure and her accessories are different, while she also includes an unfurled Lasso of Truth, which the original release didn’t have. Conversely, the original release had the lasso on her belt, while the GL edition does not have that and if you squint hard, it appears that her trading card will vary from the original version as well.

The only Gold Label Multiverse figure that, at this time, is not a redeco or retool of an existing figure is the Year Two Batman, which was a Target exclusive.

TLDR: Gold Label figures are exclusive editions of regular figures, but with differences that pertain to paint apps, accessories, different heads and other aesthetic elements.

7 Likes

I used to really like that cover, but after a while I just couldn’t stop seeing the third hand and now it’s one of my least favorites among the iconic Batman covers.

That said, the Funko figure looks amazing! The sculpt crams in as much of that McFarlane-level cape as possible, and the other subtle details on the figure really make it stand out. Not to mention that it’s anatomically correct! (For a Funko Pop, that is)

6 Likes

no no, it checks out!

5 Likes

For anyone interested-

4 Likes

Okay, thanks! The comparison shots really helped. I definitely like her more traditional costume coloring in the Gold Label version. :+1:

5 Likes

I guess that sale was 1 day only lol

4 Likes

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

That pic has left me speechless!

3 Likes

McFarlane’s DC Collectibles Animated Batman figures going up for preorder

good photography helps!

6 Likes