DC Collectible News

so gritty!

1 Like

https://toynewsi.com/14-40467

4 Likes

i like it! i’d be into it if they did the figure repaints artsy like that

2 Likes

Better watch out everyone the dastardly Riddler is gonna scrape off all your wallpaper!

3 Likes

it’s so grounded and real!

2 Likes

oh wow Toy Shiz has the Year Two figure in-hand somehow?

1 Like

:rofl: Oh, that’s good stuff. “Watch out Radioactive Man Batman, its Wallpaper Removal Man!”

Boy, I’m glad we got that second cinematic take on The Riddler that nobody asked for, as opposed to, oh IDK…Clayface? Man-Bat? Hush? Mad Hatter? A Poison Ivy that isn’t a wannabe Mae West? Lady Shiva? The Court of Owls?

I think the figures look good and will likely snag them, along with the Batcycle. “It looks good.” has generally been my POV with regards to The Batman, be it trailers, merch, etc.

Not toy-related, but when talking about “grounding Batman in reality”, Matt Reeves does know about The Dark Knight Trilogy, right? The whole point behind those movies was “Batman, but in our reality.”

Anyway, I like the update to the packaging where the character name on the front of the box is now on the upper left side, while the logo of the entertainment the figure is based on is now on the front of the box, in addition to its traditional placement on the left side.

2 Likes

Speaking of packaging, Todd sure does like empty space in his boxes doesn’t he? All of my hard work using a Brita to cut plastic consumption has been wasted.

3 Likes

He’s not alone in empty space. Hasbro is guilty of it beyond belief in all of their six-inch lines, especially Star Wars: The Black Series.

3 Likes

he looks like a goon from a dystopian video game. or he looks like one of those henchmen you can get on batman lego games: riddler goon(nuclear plant)as far as realistic batman goes, I don’t care as long as we get bats adopting orphans. batman can be as realistic as he wants, I just want to see him with a family

3 Likes

Check these out… From Spin Master

5 Likes

These designs make me think there will product tie ins with Tide and Armor All

2 Likes

Wonder if the batarangs will actually look like that or it’s just a creative liberty from the toy team?

3 Likes

i can’t believe they spoiled the big pudding dance scene!

3 Likes

:laughing:

:batparrot:

4 Likes

:joy: Finally! Something new from that movie.

I thought it would be a “grounded” retread of things that didn’t need to be “grounded”, or retread, but Pudding Feet Batman proved me wrong!

I’ll likely still buy it.

5 Likes

I’m betting that they will look like that in the movie, but much smaller. I would be very surprised if the movie actually used proper, boomerang-sized Batarangs.

4 Likes

Selina is going to call Bruce, Puddin’ . . . :neutral_face:
Never been done before!

2 Likes

Now, that’s grounded. Let’s get you a movie to direct!

2 Likes

Mafex Hush Huntress available for preorder

4 Likes