DC Collectible News

oh yeah i forgot to click “vote now” :laughing: i say go for it IF you’ll still be able to budget in the One:12 1989 Batman if you get a chance because i mean obviously you have to get one of those and let me live vicariously through you enjoy it for yourself, personally

1 Like

:laughing:

Oh, I’ve got something else that’s super duper awesome on the way regarding Batman89

Tease3

:wink: :smiley:

3 Likes

Nah. His design changed around The Darkseid War. He’s only just now coming back into prominence through the Infinite Frontier mini, among other current and upcoming books.

:joy: Well, he is a movie-based figure, so…:wink:

The Mattel 6-inch Darkseids that I highlighted are a good bet, especially if you want something that channels Kirby’s own design of him, but want something with more modern aesthetics, as well.

You could also try for this DC Collectibles release of him:

But, he’s going for more than the Mezco version, so…

SN: We need an individually-released Grail figure. I :heart: Grail, but didn’t want another oversized Darkseid, so I passed on the above set.

A McFarlane Grail would make me :heart_eyes:, and then some.

Can I hazard a guess?

3 Likes

You can but I’ll neither confirm nor deny until the piece arrives. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin:

3 Likes

binoculars

1 Like

Not even through DM? :sob:

Well, my first guess is that its NECA’s quarter-scale Keaton Batman. Those figures (Keaton Batman and BR Penguin and Catwoman) were recently re-issued, if memory serves.

1 Like

:purple_heart: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :laughing:

Steel And Stone! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Nope. Keepin’ a lid on it. :smiley:

2 Likes

A couple other DC Direct options for ya, @DC89:

They’re much cheaper than the New 52 and Icons releases. The Superman/Batman iteration is 7-inch in scale, if memory serves. He’s definitely a bigger Darkseid, but is nowhere near as large as the New 52 and Icons takes were.

Fine. :smiley: I still stand by my guess, assuming its a figure, and not a statue (and if it is, then I’m guessing the statue that Diamond Select Toys released over the last year or so).

1 Like

Been on my radar for a looong time, this one. What’s most unique about it is that it’s made of polystone, which is what expensive statues are typically made of. It is a hefty piece from what I’ve learned. Does that justify the price tag? Mayhaps. I’m a big fan of Mezco One:12, and think he’d look great next to my other pieces from the same line. Only price has kept me from getting it, so far. Another thing of note, is he’s 1/12 scale, so would look much better next to 6” as opposed to McFarlane’s and DC Direct/Collectibles’ 7” stuff.

1 Like

Thank you for posting these Sir! I’m kinda’ diggin’ that Orion/DS two pack. :+1:

Agreed. He’d look fantastic in your collection @moro. :+1:

He’d def need some serious supporting structure underneath him indeed.

2 Likes

Can’t speak for that one, since I don’t have it, but I’ve found Mezco pieces to be the most stable among my figures. The joints are smooth, not too stiff or too tight, and they stay put with no wobble sans stands. Maybe aided by the cloth costumes. The lone exception is the movie WW. Joints are fine, but feet are so small than any vibration near it she comes tumbling down. I imagine Darkseid won’t have that issue :rofl:

1 Like

Winner winner chicken dinner :point_up_2:

2 Likes

DSFeet

Agreed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes

Me wants

3 Likes

Oooh. Snazzy!

3 Likes

@DC89 If you should want to accessorize any potential Darkseid you buy, this prop is pretty schnazzy:

I’ve got mine by my DCC New 52 and Icons figures, and always give it a li’l tap when I’m in the room. The lights and sounds are pretty slick.

3 Likes

I saw these and they’re super cool! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Indeed. Like I said in the Look What I Found thread for my most recent finds, I’m generally not big on buying props, but I am a huge Fourth World fan, so when that piece came out around 2015, I kind of had to have it (especially since it was pretty cheap, around $40 or so).

1 Like