DC Announces Continuation of Bill Willingham’s Creator-Owned Hit with Fables #151 and Batman vs. Bigby! A Wolf in Gotham

To be clear, we don’t know for certain if that will be the case. Going by what we’ve seen with similar books like American Vampire 1976 and Sweet Tooth: The Return, I think we’ll likely see the Batman crossover, and probably the twelve new issues, but we don’t know for certain we’ll get all of Fables here. We recently got the whole Sweet Tooth series on the service, but that might have been more because of the Netflix series.

It’s possible we’ll get the whole series/franchise by then, but I wouldn’t take it as a certainty just yet.

That said, writing that out I can’t help but notice a pattern of former Vertigo books getting new life if only for a brief mini under Black Label, and this is a pater I’d love to see continue. Maybe we could get Brian Azzarello do to more 100 Bullets? Maybe Brian K Vaughn could do a sequel to Y: The Last Man? Now that John Ridley is back in comics, maybe he has another American Way story in him? The possibilities are endless!

4 Likes

I sold 99% of my print trades in 2019, including assorted volumes of Fables.

I was tempted to keep them, but they’re free on Hoopla, so out they went with the rest.

If I didn’t keep Transmetropolitan (my #1 favorite Vertigo series) in print, then Fables, much as I :heart: it, wasn’t sticking around either. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Y: The Last Man would be rad, especially if the TV series ever happens.

5 Likes

It is, it’s coming out September 13th on “FX on Hulu.”

5 Likes

Wonderful, and with enough time for me to re-read the whole series. Thanks for the 411.

3 Likes

I still need to read the last four or five volumes, myself. I’ve been putting it off because I love the series and don’t want it to be done. But I guess now I have to. :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I do have almost a year or so, so there’s no rush.

3 Likes

I adore Fables this is exciting! I’m a bit apprehensive about the Bigby/Batman crossover, not sure if I want those two worlds to cross. But I am intrigued!

4 Likes

I want the Wolf Among Us 2 so badly!!! :sob:

4 Likes

Hooray! Very excited about this - I read Fables for the first time this year, and seems like it was just in time!

3 Likes

Add me!

3 Likes

I am so very and unbelievably excited for this!

2 Likes

This series is ending this week - what do people think? I don’t think it’s the most amazing Batman miniseries or crossover I’ve ever read, but it’s perfectly serviceable, and I really enjoyed a lot of the ideas, especially the Robins and the Eggs. Wish we could see a lot more of that! On the Fables side, seeing Cindy again was great - healed a bit of the pain from the Fables ending.

What do other people think? Are you excited for Fables #151 in May? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I am, it was always one of my favorites to read.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m very excited to see what happens “before” this series in the Fables 151 arc!

2 Likes

We did just get the announcment of another Batman mini

1 Like