DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along #6: Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and The Bold, Saturday, September 11th at 8 AM P/11 AM E

Happy Weekend greetings, @DCAnimatedClub!

For this Saturday’s festivities, we’ll be enjoying our first movie-based get-together, with 2018’s Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and The Bold!

If you’re an old hand at Watch-Alongs, you know the drill, but if you’re brand-spankin’ new to 'em, here’s how this works:

What we’re watching: The above-mentioned movie. Jinkies! Pay attention, class. :wink:

When we’re watching: The morning of Saturday, September 11th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern.

Where we’re commenting: In this thread, starting at the above-listed time. :point_up:t2:

How we’re watching: Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and The Bold is available on DVD, Digital HD and streaming on HBO Max. However you choose to watch the flick, please be ready to go with the movie and your commenting device of choice (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) when the clock strikes Play Time. :clock: :play_or_pause_button:

Why we’re watching: Because Scooby-Doo and Batman are two of WB’s top entertainment brands and they told me to promote the flick. I kid, I kid! :grin: That’s just me being silLy. :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :upside_down_face:

Although, Scoob and Bats are two top entertainment brands, that’s true.

We’re watching the modern day take on Scooby and Batman teaming up because it looks like a fun mash-up (this will be my first time seeing it) and I thought a movie would be a nice change of pace. :slight_smile:

ALSO: Be sure to bring along a bowl of your favorite sugar-coated cereal to the fun! “Scooby Snacks, too?”, you ask? I don’t advocate eating pet food by any stretch, but if you want to indulge your Purina-produced dog treat sweet tooth, then go for it, Shaggy. :nerd_face:

So! I’ll see you kids and your dog in this thread bright and early this coming Saturday morning!

SN: If you choose to nom-nom on a cookie-based cereal, you’d best bring some extra for J’onn, because…this: :point_down:t2:

8 Likes

If I get to bed & get up. 100% in. I love this movie. You can’t post fast enough to name all the character appearances; as a Bold & Brave movie should be.

2 Likes

If you need an incentive to wake up early, these might be handed out at the door:

I’ve called Shaggy to ask about this, but when last we spoke, all he said was “Hey man, whazz the deal with Scrappy-Doo? Is he like, a figment of my imagination, and I’m seeing a wee Scoob or what, man?”

To which I replied “Lay off the Floyd, and get back to me when you’re able.”

So, we’ll see what Shaggy says about our door prizes. In any event, I’m betting Daphne takes over for Shaggy, as she’s much more reliable.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl: well, I’m already in training to get myself to where I’m waking up as early as possible b/c I’ve never missed a Browns kickoff live. I was getting up around 5am. Than it kept getting later. Woke up at 2pm yesterday so woke up from a dream at 11 today. After going to bed at 6am. So I figured, if I just get up now, I’ll be tired & up early tomorrow- & therefore, on Sunday, I’ll be up b4 the Browns start. So if my already set plans go the way I trained myself for…I’ll be up in time to watch tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to see you in attendance, but please don’t stress yourself (and your sleep routine), either.

I want all of my attendees to be in good health. And awake. :slight_smile:

SN: I touched base with Shaggy. All he said was “Scooby Batmobile? Zoinks! That’s wild. Like, dark side of the moon, wild. You like those Transformers, dude?”

I sighed and said “Yeah, Transformers are fine, and Dark Side of the Moon is my favorite movie of that series, as well as my favorite Floyd album. Is Daphne there, by chance? I think she could handle this much better, and-”

But then Shaggy cut me off, and…it sounded like he was talking to someone nearby. All I heard was “Hey, Jay and Silent Bob!” and then he hung up.

Daphne is much more reliable. I’ll just send her a text.

2 Likes

Crazy, found this in the comics on here. I don’t remember which one it was? Although, I could easily find out by going to musical references. But, I’ve done The Dark Side, & Wizard of Oz coinciding deal tons of times. Even a laser light show with it on the big screen, with smoke effects & all of the enhancements u could ask for. Yet, I’d never heard of doing the same with The Wall b4? According to this panel there’s one for it too? I saved it so I could remember the instructions, & give it a go…

2 Likes

Also, no worries. I was already going for an early wake up. All I did was stay up after I came out of a dream. I have to be up Sunday morning. Unfortunately, when you’re as bad as we were forever. You get the 1pm slot on Sunday morning. Although, due to our recent improvements. We’ve got way more Friday, Sunday & Monday night games than we’ve ever had b4!!! Cuz now we’re suddenly news worthy. Same reason indians always played at 1pm on Saturday & Sunday. Which, in baseball, those are the good slots. Now we play at 4pm on Saturday & 1pm Sunday. Unless, we’re playing NY or Boston. Because they always play at 1pm on the weekends, regardless of their record.

2 Likes

he really just yoinked the scooby snacks

5 Likes

I don’t know…it looks like “cookie” is on that box in some way.

Are they cookie-flavored Scooby Snacks?

Cookie enthusiast he is, I can’t imagine J’onn would eat dog food, just because it has a soupcon of cookie flavoring in it.

But…he is the one who’s brave (and bold) enough to sport blue shorts while taking on some of the greatest and most terrifying villains in the DCU, so maybe he would eat something like that.

4 Likes

Just a bit over a half-hour to go! :watch:

@Bar-El, @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder and everyone else, I hope to see you here. :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

I’m awake buddy. I did it!!! Setting examples for insomniacs everywhere- & I did it the safe, responsible way. Didn’t even use my sleep meds. Scooby would approve.

3 Likes

Woot-woot!

Do you have a bowl of cereal and the movie ready to go?

I exhausted my Corn Pops (and forgot to buy more at Target last night; d’oh! :facepalm_catwoman:), so I’m cereal-less this week, but I am zipping along on a liquid breakfast of Mountain Dew, so the sugar’s a-flowin’, all the same! :grin:

3 Likes

I’m *groggy but I’m here :yawning_face::sleeping:

3 Likes

Welcome, :superman:uper Fan!

3 Likes

Alright, let’s go!

3 Likes

Almost there…

checks clock

It’s away, so let’s Play!

3 Likes

It’s funny, I honestly can’t remember the last time I watched a Scooby-Doo cartoon.

4 Likes

It’s really good if u liked Brave & Bold?

2 Likes

Man, Fred is the most geriatric sounding teenager I’ve ever heard.

3 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes