Dawn of the Dead... Man! B:TBATB Semi-Spoiler Discussion

Dawn of the Dead Man! may be my new favorite episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. It has everything you want from a Batman story: mortal stakes, interesting character interactions, Kite Man references, and an exclamation point in the title! I thought I had seen all of the episodes of The Brave and the Bold. Man, am I glad to have been proven wrong. Spoilers below for a show that is older than the iPad, Square, and Kickstarter. Batman has an opportunity to give up the ghost courtesy of the Gentleman Ghost and is beckoned to the other side by MARTHA! and Thomas Wayne, themselves. They tell him he deserves a rest and he tells them there is still more work to be done. The hammers of justice couldn’t dry my eyes for the rest of the show. The unlikely, yet totally capable, Dead Man finds hope and purpose in Batman’s sacrifice and echoes the brooding little boy who made a promise in an alley all those years ago, by stating he too could not go into the light for he still had a purpose. This episode is amazing. If you haven’t checked it out, it’s right here on DC Universe. If you have seen it and are as big of a blubbering baby as I am, let me know what you think.

p.s. This is a spooky Halloweeny episode with feels and chills. What’s not to love?

2 Likes

During its original run, this was the episode that really made me sit up and notice Brave & Bold. Sure, they could tell silly stories with Plastic Man or have space adventures with Blue Beetle, but this one really had heart.

Great episode for a great show.

1 Like