Daily DC Trivia

@Vroom @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder @TheTerrifiedDetectiveChimp @MisfitCMJ @mojaka wanna try?

3 Likes

nods enthusiastically as he drinks a Pepsi

4 Likes

There is no try. Do, or do not.

3 Likes

DC’s Young Animal
There are 163 issues of Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen before the book becomes Superman Family with issue 164-- so the only real answer is lots of people. If you have a more specific answer, you kinda need a properly specific question. (For instance, you wanted the year of NIghtwing’s first appearance-- so maybe ya shoulda asked fer “What year did Dick Grayson first appear as Nightwing”?)

By touch. (Though she learns English by planting a big wet one on Dick Grayson in the Robin suit.)

3 Likes

There I am, sitting in Freshman English, and I get the paper I used that quote in from my teacher.

After noticing the “A+, Great work.” notation, I flipped to my Yoda quote, curious to see if any comments were made.

Oh yeah, my teacher commented, alright.

Right next to “Do. Or do not. There is no try.”, she wrote “Huh?” in red pen.

Geezus teach, did I have to draw you a diagram? It’s from The Empire Strikes Back.

Ah, Freshman problems in the Spring of 1998.

3 Likes

Did she live under a rock?

Or was she secretly descended from… the Sith?

3 Likes

I had thought she was pretty hip (and pretty too, as she was in her early 30s and a brunette), but golly Wally, she must not have seen TESB like the rest of us cool Star Wars fans had.

We were so cool that we ate lunch in the Theater building because we wanted to.

Yeah…you jocks and pretty cheerleaders and 99.99% of the rest of the student body, you eat in the cafeteria!

This guy and his nerdy pals were eating in the Theater building, and right outside our Homeroom classroom, whilst discussing the cinematic merits of Good Burger.

If Janitor Schvebtz walked in to go down the hall and into the closet for a vacuum, then back outside, all the while looking at us Star Wars nerds with a quizzical look on his face, oh well!

High school, catch the action! :football:

3 Likes

A quizzical look is appropriate for this thread. Perhaps we should go silent and return the spotlight to @Jurisdiction ?

3 Likes

Janitor Schvumpkx always had a quizzical look on his face.

Word has it he spent his lunch in his car, where he :smoking: a lot.

rubs hands together in anticipation of new triv from @Jurisdiction

3 Likes

Young Animal

I am guessing you are referring to the newer series due to it actually having an ongoing narrative, so I will say Lex Luthor.

3 Likes

I should’ve clarified. The 2018-2019 run, not the original run

2 Likes

@Vroom It’s already up.

2 Likes

I was thinking you were posting newer schtuff.

Anyway:

• Young Animal.

• As @MisfitCMJ said, this one needs a bit more specificity, as a lot of people tried to kill Jimmy in that series (especially after Kirby took over on it).

• By touch.

3 Likes

Vroomster, Vroomster, Vroomster…

The great detective, @TheTerrifiedDetectiveChimp , has already deduced that this question is in regard to the most recent of Jimmy Olsen series, which @Jurisdiction has clarified as being the case, with a stated understanding that the questions must be more specific to the expected answers.

Cut the lad some slack, old bean.

Now, be a good fellow and sip at your tea.

3 Likes

Still just lurking

2 Likes

Alright

1 Like

So… you’ve actually been the Shadow all this time.

2 Likes

Misfit, Misfit, Misfit,

When one is zoning out on a muted conference call for work, one misses the finer deets, so I do thank you for informing me of this.

tips his cup Misfit’s way and says, ala the Invisible Man in the LXG movie “Cheers!”, then sips

Ah! 'Tis a fine blend, today.

Also, I do deduce that @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder could indeed be The Shadow. She has the chops to defeat Shiwan Khan, Kenner-style.

2 Likes

Maybe :point_right:t2::point_left:t2:

3 Likes

Only one who studied with the Tolku and controls the Phurba could do such a precise rendition of this: :point_right:t2::point_left:t2:

You are The Shadow!

points out that he could go for some trivia about DC’s Shadow comics right about now

3 Likes