CW: Naomi Gets Series Order; Painkiller Not Picked Up

Happy for Naomi, Hopeful that Painkiller gets picked up elsewhere. I honestly think it would be too expensive for the CW.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s it? now itā€™s about timingā€¦

@Mae should there be some sort of a PPG WAL? for the repiloting vibes

I watched Totally Spies, more as an old than as a youth, and from what I can remember, it was pretty good. Kind of let myself have a crush on the ginger (whose name I forget).

2 Likes

I would be totally down for that! I havenā€™t seen the original show in ages. Is it streaming on HBO Max?

3 Likes

That I donā€™t know. Iā€™ll DM you what I find.

2 Likes

Naomi was a surprisingly good comic, so hopefully the show will be.
When I first heard about Painkiller, I was indifferent. Watching Black Lightning this season thought completely changed my mind on it. I was looking forward to the possibility of the season.

In all honesty though, I hope that the CW shows start to get phased out and more and more start to appear on HBO. The commercials are getting tiring to watch.

2 Likes

Powerpuff Girls has crossed over with DC a few times so I think they can count as part of the DC universe. I think their old comics were released by DC like Scooby Doo.

4 Likes

Sounds like there might be a little more Black Lightning next season, after all:

3 Likes

Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed for an episode where Barry teams up w/ Jen, Anissa and Grace, and then catches up w/ Jeff at the end. But whatever ends up happening, these 5 episodes are gonna be amazing! :00_black_lightning:

3 Likes

That would be amazing!

3 Likes

So thatā€™s two spin-off/sequels heavily teased in a final season in the Arrowverse that then got dropped.

I havenā€™t read Naomi yet since I mostly read the horror comics, but now Iā€™ll have to give it a read. Either way, glad CW picked up a new DC show.

3 Likes

Still hoping for a Green Arrow and the Canaries comic :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I am happy Naomi got picked up, I am starting to wonder with Painkiller, Naomi, and Wonder Girl if the plan wasnā€™t always to keep only one of them and Naomi won out.

Either way looking forward to it, the Naomi mini-series was excellent and while they might not be able to lean on the comics long term with her like their other series, there is some definite potential there. Assuming it is as good as the comic and fans are willing to give a character most non-comic readers (and many comic readers) will know little about I think it could be a surprise hit.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Yep, this sadly doesnā€™t surprise me in the slightest. The cancellation seemed abrupt from the start and w/ the way this last season progressed, it seemed like they still had more they wanted to show beyond just these last few episodes. It really sucks that weā€™ll never get to see these plans in action, but Iā€™ll still be grateful for the 4 seasons we did get

4 Likes