Curious as a Cat!

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd and @Matches-Malone: The stories that you’ve heard about the Batman Returns posters getting stolen from outdoor displays are def true- I can vouch for their authenticity.

Back in May-June of 1992 I was taking lessons at this little dance studio that was just a few blocks north of downtown Chicago’s Water Tower Place area. Every Friday and Saturday in the AM before ice time I’d ride the train into the city, jump on the L, and then get off at the LaSalle/Van Buren stop where the studio was located. Right around, ohhh I wanna’ say June 1st or so maybe, the VanB stop had these breathtaking images posted up on the train platform:

Huge, amazing imagery of Keaton/Pfeiffer. At least five and a half by three feet in size- just beautiful! The very next week when I got off the train they were gone. :eyes: You could easily see the damage that the thieves who took the posters had left behind in the wake of their heist- gouged display cases jimied locks, bent enclosure metal, cracked glass etc. As I recall local news WLS-TV ran a story about how the ‘Returns’ outdoor advertising properties were being pilfered from their spots across the country during the run up to the film’s premiere. Crazy. :00_batman_1992:

(EDIT- remembered my dates incorrectly so I changed 'em. :grin:)

4 Likes

:laughing:

(stole this GIF posting idea from @biff_pow :grinning:)

6 Likes

Woah! Those posters are so CLEAN! Whatever filter or finish they used is just so perfect. Even Keaton look purrretty! :catwoman_hv_4:
That’s an awesome story though, I’ve only ever lived in moderate sized cities and have never really had those big poster or events happening near me. I have a Batman returns poster but these two have made me want to go get the character posters for this movie. It’s be sweet having the bat, the cat and the penguin next to each other.

3 Likes

:joker_hv_2: haha

3 Likes

Found these two over at Amazon-

5 Likes

Yesss! Thank you :smiley:

3 Likes

Named your cat Pfeiffer is the kind of story I neeed @Matches-Malone! Thank you! :purple_heart: Happy anniversary, btw! :cake:
#TeamPfeiffer I should just add this to all my posts now. :laughing:

5 Likes

tumblr_5cbc6497cb7d3a4803d9f11f29fff72c_d221addc_500
88351b9ea76c236c7c6934246e05198b
giphy
tumblr_p7yne2COgT1ul8dk2o2_r2_500

3 Likes

Haha no problem! And um YES! :catwoman_hv_4: #teampfeiffer!

3 Likes