Crown the Greatest DC Film Tournament

I guess I see your point with the mixed messaging. To paraphrase Gadot, the movie was supposed to portray a certain naiveté/innocence with Diana. Which explains her attitude. I think the fact that Ares is a god, not just a single person, explains why soldiers were exhibiting symptoms of confusion and calmness after he was eliminated.

4 Likes

Please don’t start a Snyder debate with Desade in this thread. It shall be the end of all of us.

I joke… debate your hearts away :slightly_smiling_face:.

6 Likes

Gadot is the perfect WW. She’s actually fought in wars. She looks just like Diana & her accent is what WW’s should sound like. Absolutely beautiful & can u imagine seeing her fighting irl. Man, I couldn’t bring myself to fight her…

4 Likes

I would happily take a punch or 10.

2 Likes

Snyder has a producing and story credit on Wonder Woman. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but it still basically comes down to a “devil made me do it” element to a movie that was trying to say that humans can’t be let off the hook that easily and that the world doesn’t make as much sense or have solutions as easy as we would like. But hey, explosions. :wink:

5 Likes

This is of utmost importance.

4 Likes

Me & @DeSade-acolyte are cool. We agree to disagree at the worst & even that’s rare. Idk if it’s ever happened. I’m pretty sure we have a clean slate.

2 Likes

Haha :joy: me too

2 Likes

DeSade voted for Watchmen over Shazam in the last round. The secret is out. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Wasn’t implying otherwise my friend. He’s one or my favorites here, along with your good self. Much fun and enlightenment to be had from listening to folks with different points of view :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Oh believe me, I wasn’t going that direction. I know u well enough & same goes for u from me.

2 Likes

Listening to different points of view is extremely important…

2 Likes

I actually don’t mind Watchmen and Sucker Punch was passable (Although I don’t think it has aged very well.)

I just loathe MOS, & BvS and it pretty clear in JL what he shot and what Wheadon shot. At least with JL and the director change, JL is at least a passable “cute” little movie.

3 Likes

See? We’re buds.

3 Likes

I’m really surprised at the initial response to the first one. Thought Batman 89 vs WW would be very close one. Let’s see if it balances out or continues the trend.

5 Likes

That one killed me… I had to go WW but Batman 89’ was one of the biggest DC events in my life…

4 Likes

First Batman movie. First Wonder Woman movie. Pretty good showdown.

2 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

I absolutely hated Sucker Punch. Watchmen I actually like better than the comic, never could finish it. Man of Steel is for me the most action packed Superman film. Batman v Superman gave us our first big screen Wonder Woman, so it gets points for that alone…

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yep, Snyder and Jason Tood.

To quote @Applejack from the office hiyrs thread.
“Don’t get DeSade going on Jason Todd, we could be here all night.”
So funny, cuz it’s so true.

6 Likes