Creating Timelines for DC Characters

Here you go @Jurisdiction
Tommy Monaghan Timeline
14 ABM: Bloodlines, Hlls Htmn, Sffer the Children
15 ABM: Ongoing Series, JLA/Htmn, Lobo/Htmn
16 ABM: WWIII, Ongoing Series

This is all I could find here is a link that includes guest appearances for an issue or two. Hitman (Tommy Monaghan) Chronology - DCU Guide

2 Likes

You’re the best!

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

@moro
I am working on a superman timeline and need to double check something. Man of Steel (1986) takes place over three years right (minus the kid sections)? if so could other stuff have happened in-between the events of this series?
Thank you

2 Likes

10 years, based on this dialogue between Clark and Lana in issue 6

Mild spoilers below

She recalls when he left Smallville 10 years prior:

Then tells him how she’d been following Superman all these years

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess that means that there is definitely time between the issues for other stories. When does Superman become a costumed crime fighter in this story?

2 Likes

7 years in. The costume is created towards the end of issue two.

Again, spoilers…

Clark & Martha discuss Clark’s escapades. Martha mentions the 7 years here.

Clark saves that plane in Metropolis. He is a bit traumatized from people’s reaction to his appearance, which was in plain clothes, so the Kents come up with the costume idea.

All the stories we get in the series, Batman, Luthor, Bizarro, etc, obviously come after the costume, so after year 7 of leaving Smallville, if that makes sense. I don’t know over how long a period though. Never thought about it.

2 Likes

So, ten years long, he becomes Superman 7 years in. That must be where I got 3 years. thanks for your help.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, and yes your math checks out nicely. Can’t say I remembered any of this off the top of my head. That volume was handy on my phone, so I dug in. Was fun, so thank you :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Anyone else want to handle a Superman Timeline? I don’t know enough about Superman to know how to put one together. In the reading orders I was reading it gave like 17,000 storylines between Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis which, according to my other timelines are 1 year apart.

If anyone decides to do this, you can use the other timelines as a guide. I usually put major events in their place then fill in all the storylines that go in-between them after.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’d want to tackle an in-continuity Superman timeline. I have a headcanon one going which is complicated enough and that looks pretty different from an in-continuity one. However, here’s a link to a blog post I did regarding what was canon following “The New World” storyline for Rebirth. Some things have changed since then, but I think most of it is largely still relevant. It might be helpful for anyone brave enough to take that on. There are still a lot of open questions regarding how much of his New 52 history remained and how it fits…

2 Likes

Thats exactly what Im doing. I have a few black label books I might use. My timelines go from post crisis origins to the end of the new 52.

2 Likes

I like making timelines, but mine get so massive and detailed that I rarely finish them. My Golden Age timeline gives me a headache. But I may post rough versions of some here if I feel I can condense them.

5 Likes

Thats what this is here for. :grin:

4 Likes

sorry it took me so long to reply, I am still learning the features on this site.

If ya need a challenge on time lines reading orders.

for new people coming in, I would say the time line reading order for the Green Lantern/ Green Lantern Corps mythos, Rise of the Black Lanterns, First Lantern, etc, what ever era that was, those get a bit confusing. If a new person goes back that far. But there are pivotal moments in that era because it was the Sinestro War(s) that had the Green Lantern Corps upgraded to lethal force. Which I think is still in use.

4 Likes

That would be a great Idea, but alas my free time is but a distant memory now I have to squeeze relaxation where ever I can. I will be sure and keep that in mind and work on that some, but at this point nothing can be promised.

3 Likes

cant blame ya, lmfao it was an old posting and I was like ugh i missed this.

3 Likes

Dont worry I still have some work in progress timelines right now and havent abandoned the idea (in fact I was thinking the other day I needed to bring this back). But the amount of time it takes versus the amount I have makes it take longer. Ill see what I can do with GL for the time being because I lost the other works in progress in the move (hopefully Ill find those soon).

3 Likes

Just so we are clear, what characters should I be looking into for this? My timelines go to rebirth and end before the rebirth era. I am beginning work on a timeline now (really more like a group of timelines all weaved together).

2 Likes

oh man, I would say the classic 4 lanterns for sure, Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner, , then Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz, then I think Jo Mullein comes in a lot later.

3 Likes