Could a truly evil Mr. Mxyzptik be stopped?

If so, by whom? He is the closest thing to a god-and if not just being a mischievous imp, he is capable of defeating anyone in the DC Universe.

2 Likes

I mean, Superman did it.

3 Likes

Supergirl defeated him on her CW show. Season 2 Episode 13 (it’s one of my favorite Supergirl episodes).

2 Likes

Superman’s done it several times, and as @JL stated, so too has Supergirl and Superboy has stopped him too.

If they couldn’t do it for some reason, then I’d say it’s time to call the Ghostbusters.

2 Likes

According to Alan Moore, yes.

3 Likes

An evil Mr Mxy can be defeated. A smart/non-playful one cannot. I think he is defined to be omnipotent, which covers his bases pretty well.

But if Mr Mxy would not play around, or couldn’t be tricked into saying his name backwards, he wouldn’t really be Mr Mxy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d say the Spectre, HighFather & Darkseid could all kick an evil Mxy’s butt.

1 Like

The Hanna-Barbera Batmite could defeat Mxy too.

Well, annoy him to where he’d just up and leave our reality more than anything, but hey, a win is a win.

2 Likes

If his girlfriend wanted to stop him, yes he would be stopped.

2 Likes

Bat-Mite, Phantom Stranger or Spectre.

Mxy’s girlfriend in the 5th dimension was hot. “Wouldn’t kick her out of bed for eating saltines” as the saying goes.

kltpzyxm

1 Like

The judges in the 5th dimension are the only ones besides Gzptlsnz who can control him. Even Gyspy is beneath them power/control wise tho. As in STAS when he broke his own rules of visiting Supes when he was beat fair & square. They stepped in & forced him to do community service by being Bizzaros playmate. He can get scary tho, like when he kidnapped Jonathan Kent after posing as Clark & made Lois & Clark completely forget they even had a son. Point taken tho, he’s definitely the evilest imp in the 5th imho. Can surely cause major damage especially if he loses control.

1 Like

Bat-Mite, armed with a blue power ring.

Yes, Saint Bat-Mite could defeat the evil imp.

LEGO Batman might be able to take him. But, general continuities, human Batman. Not a chance.

Have you ever read “What Ever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow “? Spoiler - Mxyzptlk is the main bad guy. He takes down the Silver Age Superman.

1 Like

Only the Dark Mite can stop him.

1 Like

I will definitely read up on that, @ggilbert! :smiley: