Constantine (2014) show, what a missed opportunity!

I just finished binging Constantine and loved it! But, UGH! What a missed opportunity. The story was just getting started when they ended it. All the great teasers: the Helmet of Fate, the Sword of Night, Spectre, I mean The Spectre! It’s too bad they only did 13 episodes. I’m looking forward to Justice League Dark from HBOmax though. What did you guys think of the show?

8 Likes

I just finished watching it for the first time a few months ago and for the most part really enjoyed it! Given the darker tone, I think it could benefit from being on HBO. I’ve got my fingers crossed it can experience a revival sometime in the future.

2 Likes

I agree, it was one hell of a show, pun completely intended. Only thing that I didn’t like was the Manny turn, it didn’t really make any sense and I hate when twists are nonsensical. I miss Zed and Chas, I want them to appear in the Arrowverse.

2 Likes

Seeing them somewhere else would be cool. I’m sure Manny’s turn would have been explained at some point. But alas, we may never know.

2 Likes

I suppose, but he was already a D-Bag angel, did they really need to make him full-on evil out of nowhere? We were already dealing with The Brujeria as a Big Bad.

1 Like

Agreed. But he did warn Constantine that someone close to him would betray him. Maybe some elements of that story will show up in the new JLD show on HBOmax. And you’re right, it would be nice to see Chas and Zed again (new show too? Probably not though).

1 Like

I have been there from the very beginning. I watched live every episode, no matter how many time NBC switched around the timeslot in their crusade to murder it in its fledgling season. I have devoted countless hours to the #SaveConstantine Campaign, and called many different Production houses to save the best damn show. : ( RIP but Matt Ryan knows we love him and DC knows it too. Maybe someday, fingers crossed we’ll get another shot.

It is such an incredible series full of excellent casting, even if the story was a little wobbly at the start.

3 Likes

Oh! And the 14th episode script was released! Let me grab a link! At least this way you can get one last episode!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwbqaor5u5dlc7x/114%20Writers%20Draft.pdf?dl=0

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks! At least we get to see him on Legends of Tomorrow. And hopefully elsewhere in the Arrowverse again. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

He did? Hmm, I don’t remember that.

1 Like

I loved Constantine and I was bummed out when it was cancelled. It did have so much potential. It’s still one of my favorite DC shows ever.

4 Likes

On Legends of Tomorrow you can catch some more Constantine action and they bring in his old flame, etc. but I agree that the Constantine show is definitely something that I would want to have brought back!

3 Likes

I just discovered how great the show is! Constantine appeared on the list for October’s Last Chance content so I wanted to binge watch it before it left and I’m glad I did. So sad there couldn’t be more seasons.

2 Likes

That’s what prompted me to binge it as well. With you 100%.

2 Likes

Constantine, like Krypton, starts off okay then quickly figures out what it’s really meant to be just in time to be cancelled. Both would have been better served on a streaming service where they could build an audience over time and their budgets wouldn’t have been as much of an issue. Constantine actually improved NBC’s numbers on its day/time but not enough to justify its budget.

3 Likes

:100:

2 Likes

Totally. That was one of the worst parts about it being cancelled so quickly — there was no resolution for SO many storylines. Maybe the comics tell the full tale, but I’d have loved to see it play out on the screen.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree.

2 Likes