Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

@Jitsu I recently went to New York Comic Con and had a really nice time, as I hope others who went did too. I met several DC celebrities and they were all really great. I have posted pictures elsewhere and I hope you and others will check them out. I even met my celebrity crush, April Bowlby from Doom Patrol, and even though it was during a photo op she was as awesome (and as gorgeous) as I imagined her to be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t think that will be something I’ll ever get over.

9 Likes

Hey friends!

Just a heads up that this week’s Office Hours will be moved to Wednesday, October 19! I’ll be watching an advanced screening of Black Adam on Tuesday, so feel free to bring all your Black Adam questions to me on Wednesday! I’ll answer what I can :wink:

11 Likes

Hey @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
Hope you enjoy watching Black Adam, How was the movie? Is it better then The Batman & League Of Super-pets? So far which of DC films from this year is your favorite?
Thankyou.:grinning:

Also I don’t think you saw my post, if you’re a fan of The Office I hope you like my pictures story.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

:100:

6 Likes

I have two questions:

1. Will we see middle grade novels added as well because we had the young adult ones added last week?

2. Will you guys keep adding middle grade/young adult novels as they come out?

Sorry if these questions were already asked before.

6 Likes

I mean, I don’t think you’re going to get a different answer from Jitsu than what DC itself told comic shop owners.

7 Likes

Sorry, I guess I was just a little confused by the article. My bad.

8 Likes

While the topic of favorite monster in the DCU (put forth by @Sean-Malloy last week) was not directed to me, I admit it got me thinking about them. Specifically, about Dracula. The Dark Knight has clashed with the Lord of Vampires in Elseworld graphic novels and, an animated movie, back in 2005. But, I don’t think that Count “Alucard” has ever been part of regular continuity. And I’ve always wanted to see him face off against Kirk Langstrom, aka Man-Bat

So, unless he’s managed to join the ranks of DCs supernatural stable when I wasn’t looking (and that’s very possible), he’s my choice. And oh yeah, before I forget. How was the movie? Heard you were one of many invited guests to some advanced screen for “something or other”. :grinning:

Stay safe, be well.

8 Likes

I’d probably pick Swamp Thing as a favorite monster, cause he’s a goodguy and seem like a tragic character, I can see why @Alec.Holland likes him and even have a username based on the character’s real name. :slightly_smiling_face:

:st_swamp_thing:

8 Likes

Maybe I read the question wrong. I thought he was referrng to “monsters” not already an active part of the DCU. In any case, I completely agree with you on Swamp Thing. Ever since the Berni Wrightson days, I’ve been a big fan also! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Two more sleeps until Gotham Knights!!

… and Black Adam, too. How was it? And should we sit through the credits?

… but back to Gotham Knights and video game talk. My real question this week is this: Do you have any wishes for a video game featuring DC Comics properties? (For this exercise, let’s pretend that system specs and game dev stress wouldn’t factor in your crazy wish.)

A Justice League souls-like on Apokolips? A Disco Elysium-like with Gotham Central characters? Flashpoint meets Deathloop? I think there are tons of possibilities out there!

7 Likes

Great questions!! Here goes:

1. I actually loved it! I read a few of the early reviews just before the movie started, and was admittedly disappointed that it didn’t review higher. That being said, I genuinely believe that some of the reviews were way too harsh on the film. Is it a deeply complex movie? No, not really. But is it a REALLY good time with some amazing visual effects and loyalty to the source material? I certainly think so! Maybe went a little bit overboard with the cool one-liners, but I really do not have any big complaints. Overall, I’d give it a solid 7/10, which is pretty good in my book!

2. I think Black Adam sits comfortably right between the two. I enjoyed League of Super-Pets, but I think Black Adam was more my style. That being said, I think The Batman is an actual masterpiece of comics cinema, so it still sits at #1 for me this year.

This is so coooooool! I love the office–well done! :batparrot:

8 Likes

It’s funny that you mention Dracula–he is my absolute favorite halloween-related monster, hands down. I’ve played almost every single Castlevania game (even the Japan-only releases), I have a Castlevania tattoo, and I have a statue from the Castlevania Netflix series! Alucard is one of my favorite characters in any fiction work too, he’s so iconic.

The movie was GREAT. Non-stop action, incredible VFX, and some really genuine portrayals of iconic DC characters. A very strong 7/10 for me–definitely recommend it!

9 Likes

Hi Jitsu! I hope you enjoyed black Adam :gl_hv_2: My question for you is one for the Halloween season! What’s your favorite horror comic?

8 Likes

Thankyou so very much.:smiley:

7 Likes

Awww yessssss! Soon, we will be called to protect Gotham! And hey, who knows…maybe we’ll do a few game giveaways here on Community next week :eyes:.

Black Adam was fantastic. A very strong 7/10 for me–and YES, sit through the credits.

Hmmmm. Now THIS is a good question…I think after Gotham Knights, it would be cool to experience a Superman game, with similar mechanics. RPG-style progression, side quests, etc. Plus modern-day flight mechanics are so great (ex. Anthem), so I feel like a Supes game would be a natural next step for DC Comics in the world of gaming.

What abouchu? What would you like to see?

8 Likes

Hey hey! I sure did enjoy Black Adam–I hope you get a chance to see it!

One of my favorite times of year! I have a few go-tos for the Halloween season. Not necessarily strictly “horror”, but spooky nonetheless:

1. The Long Halloween - A classic that stands the test of time!

2. Batman: Damned - A semi-trippy spooky tale of life, death, and how the pursuit of revenge can blur the line between the two.

3. This one isn’t DC (but has crossed over into the DCU), but I loooove Spawn. And pretty much every Spawn comic fits perfectly in the Halloween season, so it’s always on my list!

4. This one also isn’t DC, but the works of Junji Ito are great to read in October. His books are as iconic as they are grotesque, and some of his work I definitely wouldn’t recommend for the faint of heart (lotta body horror stuff)…but overall, he has created some of the most memorable horror reads of any generation. Ever.

What about you? Do you have any favorite horror reads?

9 Likes

That’s so so awesome! Can’t wait to see the pics!

9 Likes

This Halloween i have been reading Long Halloween, Justice league dark, Klarion the Witch Boy, classic house of mystery’s and hellblazer!

8 Likes

I almost forgot! I wanted to show you these Halloween cupcakes I made!

10 Likes