Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

@Jitsu is there any story currently on DC Universe Infinite that you can recommend right now?

7 Likes

:smiley:Ha! I knew it!

6 Likes

Hey @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
I saw the new Batman movie yesterday, and I really enjoy it.
My question to you is, is DC going to make Riddler appearance like the movie or like with Penguin 30 years ago, stick with the Original classic look in the comic book?
Have you try Little Cesar’s Batman Pizza? That was really good. :grinning:
Have a great week.

6 Likes

Heyoo! :wave:

Heck yeah! I’m glad you liked it. I think it’s easily one of my all-time favorite Bats movies, and can’t wait to watch it again.

You mean in the comics? If that’s what you mean, then you may have missed this awesome announcement! Really looking forward to this one.

I haven’t had a chance to try it! Now that I think of it, I haven’t had pizza since moving to California in December…might be time to grab a slice!

You too, friend!

7 Likes

Oh that’s really cool that Riddler gets his own year one book! And it’s written by the best actor who played the Riddler! :smiley:

Sorry Jim Carrey, I still like your Riddler!

6 Likes

Hey hey! I definitely have a few recommendations…let me know if you like any of these!

• Peacemaker: Disturbing the Peace is really fun! It leans into the camp (very similar to the HBO Max show, which you should totally watch as well!), and builds a more modernized iteration of the character.

• Future State: Batman/Superman #1 is also super fun. I really enjoy the interactions between Bats and Supes here. Plus, the action is tense and very fun.

• Joker: The 10th Anniversary Edition (Black Label) is one of my all-time favorites. This longer read brings readers deeeeeeep into the relationship between Joker and Batman. The art is incredible, the action is fun, and the psychological thriller-esque plot always leaves me intrigued. Big recommend!

Hopefully these are interesting to you! If you find that you’re not crazy about these picks, take a look around these here forums–there’s plenty of suggestions and reading tips to take advantage of. Let me know how it goes!

8 Likes

Woooo! So happy that Penguin got a spotlight here!

6 Likes

Question for @Alec.Holland,
Hey Alec, have you seen The Batman movie? What did you think of it and who is your favorite character and what was your favorite part in the movie?:grinning:

6 Likes

Hey @Jitsu!

I was just wondering what your favorite era of comics is?

Also, what made you join the community? Obviously, we’re all happy you did, but what was the reason behind it?

6 Likes

Hiya!

Good question! I think if I had to pick a single one, I’d go with Bronze Age. I remember reading my older brother’s comics from this era as a kid, and they always resonated with me.

This community specifically? Or community as a general profession?

If it’s the former, I think quarantining during the early days of the Pandemic made me want to get back into reading comics. I didn’t join the DCU community right away, but started lurkin’ and hanging out, reading what people were talking about, and slowly made my way back into comics content! And here we are!

9 Likes

@Jitsu, have you seen The Batman yet?

7 Likes

Will DCUI have any presence at wondercon?

7 Likes

@Jitsu Saw the announcement of the upcoming international expansion, can’t wait. Just curious will you be adding a translate button on the community. You know for translating English to American and vice versa, and for Mexican into Spanish and vice versa when you get the EU to join. :rofl:
Also, will we be able to use our stateside DCUI subscriptions when traveling to these amazing Countries?
Also any other new community features as part of this?
Glad to see the continuing evolution and broadening of the site continue.

5 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
Hope you’re doing well, while the DC Universe Infinite App is going around the world, here’s a song to cheer you guys on!

:canada::clipperton_island::australia::uk::ireland::iran::mexico::romania::sudan::sweden::us_outlying_islands::scotland:🇺🇦

Ok let’s get down to business, as I was looking at DC Universe Infinite app filters for artists and writers, will you guys be updating the filters soon like for the writer list add Chuck Dixon? It’d be great to see more being added, thankyou for your time.:slightly_smiling_face:

:earth_americas::canada::us::iran:

8 Likes

@Jitsu that was a nice surprise hopping on the site and seeing the new Tourney, thanks for that by the way. I am just curious, if there was a pitch for a comic that didn’t make it that you were pulling for?

7 Likes

What series do you want to win Round Robin 2022?

7 Likes

I keep forgetting about Office Hours. :sweat_smile:

Does DCUI keep track of what comics/series get read and how often? If so, I doubt we could ever see that data but I bet some of it is really interesting. What do you think the most read comic or series on the site is?

10 Likes

@Jitsu is there any particular actor you’d like to see play a role in a DC Universe project?

7 Likes

Love questions like this! Here are some of my top picks (in no particular order):

• Michael Fassbender
  • Anya Taylor-Joy
  • Charlie Hunnam
  • Andrew Scott
  • Ron Pearlman
  • Penelope Cruz

Not sure who they’d play, but I think they’d bring some amazing performances to a DC project. What about you? Any actors you have in mind?

8 Likes

We absolutely track all of that data! There are definitely rules that prevent us from sharing performance metrics–but can confirm: definitely interesting data to look at!

The Fortnite books were a HUGE hit, and it was awesome to see so many people enjoying them. Since then, it’s tough to say…but I’d be willing to bet that Batman books (particularly Long Halloween) are highly read since the movie came out!

9 Likes