Comixology's Up To 85% Off Memorial Day Sale

Lots and lots of great trade and original graphic novel (OGN) titles not available on DCU (as well as titles that will eventually be here but not for a very long time) for $5.09 a book.

Titles such as:

-Tom King’s Mister Miracle
-Batman: White Knight
-Marshal Law: The Deluxe Edition
-Batman: The Killing Joke
-the Earth One OGN line
-over 100 Vertigo titles (Sandman, Morrison’s Animal Man, Fables, Preacher, Transmetropolitan, V for Vendetta, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, American Vampire, We3, Dark Night: A True Batman Story, etc)
-Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell OGN (by Paul Dini)
-Action Comics volume one (Bendis)
-Superman volume one (Bendis)
-The Authority by Ed Brubaker and Dustin Nguyen
-Black Lightning: Brick City Blues (collects all of the 90’s BL series; only 1-6 are available digitally as single issues)
-The Wild Storm volume 3

The list literally goes on and on. There are also a ton of trades of material that is on DCU if you see something here you’d like to own for yourself.

The sale ends on the 27th. Go sneak a peek :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

You’re quite welcome.

1 Like

Pretty good sale. Definitely grabbed a few titles I havent read.

Batman: White Knight
Action Comics #1000
Superman: American Alien
Wonder Woman(2016) Vol. 3
Dark Night: A True Batman Story

I highly recommend everyone grab Mister Miracle by Tom King. Its won the Eisner Award and it really elevated Kings reputation as a writer.

Hawkman(2018) by Venditti and Hitch is also part of this sale and also has 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Its a really good story and the art is fantastic.

2 Likes

I would say Mister Miracle is DC’s Vision.

That’s also on sale - Vision by Tom King. Obviously Marvel but still one of Tom King’s best work. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Thanks! Got the Amazon app. Whoo!

1 Like

@oldrocker You’re welcome.

This sale actually got me to buy stuff on ComiXology for the first time. I’ve always been more of a fan of owning physical copies of stuff, but seeing how well digital comics work on this service and ComiXology is making me think of switching completely to digital. It would really save time to.

@Awesome_Squid Print is wonderful and always will be, but digital definitely has alot going for it too.

Glad you scored some deals. Happy reading!

@Vroom Thanks!

Can someone else confirm that a title purchased through comixology is much higher resolution than these titles we get to read from our DCU sub? I do have the comics through DCU set to “HD”, but I read on a 10.5" tablet and the difference is fairly obvious to me.

I’m honestly not complaining at all, this DCU sub has a TON of comics available and the quality is decent…I’m just trying to confirm that this actually is the case.

@buster0kun Other members have noticed in the past that Comixology has higher quality scans of certain books than those on DCU, as well as color editions of Silver Age books that are in black and white here for some reason.

I can’t recall the precise books myself, but you’re not alone in noticing what you have. I figure what Comixology has is what would be on DCU as well, so the fact that there are differences between the two is somewhat mystifying to me.

@Vroom I think this is on purpose. Marvel Unlimited is the same way. They also have lower resolution versions than Comixology. I don’t really notice it if I read in full page view just when using the guided view. But I can live with it considering the amazing selection of books we have on here.

@vrvr1 I’ve read oodles of books on DCU and have yet to see any abnormalities in resolution/scans. They look fine to me.

I don’t have MU, so I can’t speak for that.