Coming Soon to DCUI: March 2021

Glad to see you so excited! :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s a couple really weird gaps I’ve noticed in the archive- weird because they’re smack in the middle of otherwise complete runs and are issues which are already digitally available in TPs. Can these be added soon?

-The Flash: Gorilla Warfare (from the 1987 series starting at issue 69)

-Green Lantern issue 88

Also, can more Golden Age Superman and especially Green Lantern be added? And will Golden Age Shazam ever be added?

6 Likes

Hi @lemon9000.93079! I’ve added the “Gorilla Warfare” issues and Green Lantern #88 to our list. We don’t have any information about what will be added beyond what we post in the ‘What’s New’ topic, but I’ll make sure to let the right people know that you’d like to see more of these titles!

3 Likes

Curious about Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey #3 - it was released on September 29th so shouldn’t that be part of the batch released on March 30th?

:thinking: :harleyquinn_hqas: :00_birds_of_prey:

5 Likes

I believe that there’s actually an extra week built into the delay of when we get comics here, so it’s not exactly six months. For example, all of the comics that we just got this past Tuesday were actually released on 8/25/20. I guess saying “six months” is better for marketing than “six months and one week”. I would assume that we’re getting Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey #3 on April 6th.

6 Likes

I believe that what Kookie said is accurate, but I’ll get confirmation on that for you!

4 Likes

Makes sense but disappointing if true. I’m willing to wait until the next Tuesday after six months have passed so there’s a consistent release day but it was pretty heavily marketed that comics would be available on here six months after they were released in stores and for that to not be the case is, again, disappointing. I’d urge the powers that be to reconsider that policy and stick to what they literally told us for months as they encouraged us to either stick around or sign up.

4 Likes

We didn’t forget about ya! We are looking into this and will update you as soon as we hear anything.

4 Likes

I’d be inclined to say that it’s silly to nitpick the “six month” rule to the point of not allowing a margin of approximately a week or two.

4 Likes

Can we get more Martian Manhunter stuff added? Like his House of Mystery appearances and the American Secrets miniseries

1 Like

Earlier Access: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers no longer have to wait a year. New release comics are now available 6 months after they hit stores!”

That’s their wording and that’s how they promoted the site/service. Again, I’m willing to wait until the first Tuesday after the six months have passes for books to be released (i.e. if the six months hits on Wednesday, March 10th then the book would not be released on DCUI until Tuesday, March 16th) so that they can have a consistent release date on here just as they do in the stores but that’s not the case here. The book was released on September 29th which means it should arrive here on DCUI on Tuesday, March 30th - the first Tuesday after the six months has passed.

Yeah, it’s nitpicky but when people say things like “I can’t wait to read that…” sometimes it’s not hyperbole - they really can’t wait to read it and see what happens in which case days matter to them. Dates are important in media and they matter to people. As someone that has been a longtime subscriber here and has essentially stopped buying comics because I know they’ll be available on here “6 months after they hit stores” I literally have Tuesday, July 6th marked on my calendar as the day that Future State comics will begin to be available for me to read. If that’s not the case - and they won’t arrive until July 13th - I’d like to know why that’s the case since it’s not what I was told when I agreed to continue my subscription. Doesn’t seem like there would be any reason the books couldn’t be released on here the first Tuesday after the six months have passed so I’m curious what the reasoning behind this is, if it’s a one-off or will be the policy going forward and, if so, why that was done so quickly after launching the site/app.

I appreciate @Alec.Holland and @Barrys.Better.Half looking into this for me and hope to hear from them soon with an answer.

3 Likes

Hi @FelixLeiter! I definitely understand how you feel, and I’m thankful that you’re being open about your thoughts regarding this. I just wanted to let you know that one of us will get back to you as soon as we hear anything. Thank you again for your patience, we definitely hear your feedback here and want to make sure you’re feeling heard. If there is anything else we can do for you as well, don’t hesitate to let us know!

-MOS

4 Likes

Any chance you can digitize the rest of the classic Showcase series? That’s a huge piece of DC history, something that would provide a host of first appearances and origin stories. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello @IrishAlum, welcome back to the DCUI Forums, we missed you! Happy to see you here, and hope to see you around! Thanks for this suggestion, I’ve passed this on to the team.

@lemon9000.93079 I have also added the Martian Manhunter, House of Mystery, and the American Secrets miniseries requests to the list. Thank you for your continued feedback, it’s always appreciated :heart:.

3 Likes

Heya @FelixLeiter!

Thanks so much for your patience while I solidified these answers for you. As for Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey #3, that should be available on the service on April 6th. We are still in the process of confirming this however.

As for your question concerning the “6 months after hitting stores” timeframe, it works as it does with any other digital retailer, in which that is considered a soft 6 months. This is the same structure that was used when it was a 12-month release delay as well. There are numerous reasons that this may be the case, which is why we utilize the soft 6 months rule of thumb.

I understand that you are upset and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion that might have happened. I hope that this clarification helps to alleviate any further misunderstanding. If it doesn’t, however, please let us know if you have any further questions.

6 Likes

Thanks for looking into this and getting back to me. I appreciate the time and effort put into this for me.

I understand what you’re saying but am still disappointed as that was not referenced in any way in the marketing of this service/site/app. A * with an explanation of this at the bottom of the screen would have been an easy way to communicate this to us and avoid confusion/misunderstanding. Again, I’m not going to demand every comic be on here exactly six months (183 days) to the day after it hit stores but to hear that it’s a “soft 6 months” is disappointing. Most concerning to me is that you still can’t confirm that Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey #3 will be available on here on April 6th. If it does not arrive on that day that would push it back to April 13th, presumably, which would be 197 days after it hit stores and now we’re really testing the limits of the definition of a “soft 6 months”. It also strikes me as odd that there would be an issue adding it onto here since the book is already digitized as it’s available for sale in digital form so it seems like it would be easy to add to our inventory but I admit I know nothing of the working behind the scenes I simply enjoy the final product.

I’m not leaving over this nor am I pacing the floor with anger I’m simply verbalizing my frustration and disappointment. I truly appreciate you all taking the time to read this and to reply as much as you have. Ultimately the baby will have to wait a few weeks more to get his bottle but in the grand scheme of things, so be it. I’m disappointed but I’ll live though I warn you that this is going to be a constant stick in my craw every month when I’m checking my DC Connect lists and waiting for books to come out and they’re not there when I expect them to be. :wink:

Please pass along that any work that can be done to get the books on here as close to six months after release would be appreciated and, again, thank you, sincerely, for your replies.

-30-

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your eloquent and kind reply! I can completely understand both your frustration and disappointment with the fact that it is considered a “soft 6 months”.

A little more insight into why I won’t 100% confirm that Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey #3 - we typically don’t get the digital files delivered to us this far in advance. Due to this, we are going further than the normal channels to confirm the date for you. I apologize that we still haven’t been able to give you a solid date yet, but I am working on it and will let you know as soon as I have solid confirmation.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding despite your frustration and disappointment. Hopefully, this large of a delay time doesn’t happen often, but I can’t make promises there.

4 Likes

So, I do love all the new stuff coming onto the add, but I do have a question. Firstly, when the announcement came out we were promised Black Label and Graphic Novels, however I haven’t seen and since the first week. Are we getting these sometime soon? Honestly, these were a huge draw for me. I loved “Last Knight on Earth” and “Three Jokers”, and would like to read them again without having to read my physical copies. Also, I read the Earth one novels, and would love to be able to read the other volumes.
Thank you guys for anything you can do.

1 Like

Hi @Batmanrules2878, I’m not quite sure on the timeline of those. I’m passing this upwards to the team to see if there is any assistance we could provide with your inquiries on availability for these novels and volumes :slight_smile: . I am happy to see you’ve been enjoying all the new content being added as well.

1 Like

Hi @Batmanrules2878 - We appreciate your enthusiasm for these titles. Some Black Label titles cannot be added to the service, because they are creator owned. So while I cannot make any guarantees on what will be added to the service, I can certainly pass your suggestions along to the team.

2 Likes