Coming Soon to DCUI: March 2021

Noted and passed on up! Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s what so many of us want to see. This was a great era for Superman, and it makes no sense that the only mid-1970s issue of Action Comics is #457. It goes from #356 to #457 to #521. What are you guys thinking? Action Comics 464-466 is a great story arc.
For a lot of us older readers, if you wanted to skip a month or two of Harley Quinn, we’d be okay with it.

5 Likes

Is it possible for them to revise what’s coming up at this point? Every mention of bronze age Superman or Action Comics here on the communtiy gets at least five thumbs up. There is interest in it from your members. And if they do post them, it would be nice to see something in March or April, not September, October or November or whenever they feel like getting to it.

6 Likes

Thanks for letting us know you’re so interested in reading these, @RickTylerHourman! I’ve passed along how much you want to read these. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Rick is definitely not alone!

5 Likes

Static fans are eating well this month

2 Likes

Will the archives update to fill the gaps in Post-Crisis Superman at some point soon? There’s some missing issues in and before Triangle Era Vol 1. Also, can we get a list similar to the Triangle lists but for the reading order for all the pre-Triangle Post-Crisis issues? Really hard to navigate the pre-Triangle stuff right now between the gaps and the lack of a cohesive storyline list.

6 Likes

Thanks for the requests and suggestion, @lemon9000.93079! I’ve passed them along. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When do we get more of the original Static comics?

1 Like

I don’t think we have any information on that yet, @MovieAddict, but as soon as we do it would be posted here in the Watchtower. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Only one :1st_place_medal: all month… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Hope we get it soon, the 5th issue leaves off in the middle of a story. If I had known that, I would not have read until the rest of the issues were added…

1 Like

Never mind, saw they were added now to the list…

1 Like

I may be misreading this, but there seems to be some sarcasm in your answer. As someone who was part of DC Universe from Day 1, I can assure you, there have been numerous requests for more mid 70s to mid 80s Superman and Action Cmics over the years. If the archived posts are still available, you can see for yourself.

We’ve been waiting for, what, three years for these titles. While there have been some great things that have been digitized and shared with us (Batman Family, for example), the massive holes in the 1970s Superman titles should be fixed. The requests have been made for years now, so if we seem frustrated, it’s because we are.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay on response here- Digital First titles arrive 3 months after initial release on DCUI. But I will share with the team your feedback!

3 Likes

Hi Rick, I’m sorry that the original response appeared sarcastic- rest assured, our moderators are very attentive. Sometimes they are nearing the end of their shift and working to compile your feedback, but don’t have time to give a full and thoughtful reply.

The moderator team is a big part of making sure all of these requests are assembled into a backend spreadsheet, including collection and storyline requests.

Due to a significant backlog and a reduction of resources/access to our archives during the shutdown, we are limited in terms of how we can prioritize what is released.

Many factors go into what is released on DCUI. You can read more about these in our Q&As with the official DC Archivist, Benjamin Le Clear. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience with us as we navigate this crazy world :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m LOVING the Superman: Man of Tomorrow digital comic! I wanted to wait for the digital stuff to have enough issues for me to do a deep dive into, and now’s the time to go through them!

5 Likes

Hellblazer Rise and Fall #1
I’m also reading Flash, Aquaman, Last God, Injustice: Year Zero, Shazam, JL Dark, JL Odyssey, JL, Green Lantern, Dreaming, Strange Adventures, DCeased Dead Planet, Question, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine, and Plunge!
But I love how everything is insync even if it is six months old. I didn’t like how some of the books were a year old while others were newer. But this screwed up the crossover events and made it hard to follow the stories.

4 Likes

Lots of items look good, but I am very much looking forward to Hope at World’s End #15. I have really enjoyed the family of DCeased books, and can’t wait for the conclusion of this one!

3 Likes

Sometimes when these news come out and I get so excited I overlook on some I miss! It’s no wonder why Santa Claus check his list twice!
Today I found out that the old Wonder Woman comics is coming out, that is really exciting to see along with the return of Harley Quinn Black, white & red, & Justice League of America!:grinning:
Can’t wait to see Wonder Woman '84 and more of Batman The Adventures Continues.
Thankyou DC Comic.:grinning:
:dc_history_club:

6 Likes