Coming Soon to DCUI: April 2021

Whoa, Breach! There’s a book I didn’t expect to be digitized any time soon.

5 Likes

You sure can! It’s on the list for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Breach…why??? :cry::cry: You were on a roll filling in the JLA 1970s gaps…PLEASE continue!

7 Likes

Yep. I was hopeful that the JLA digitizations would continue, but that sadly appears not to be the case. :frowning_face: At any rate, I just submitted the final 6 issues to the Print to Digital request thread. Hopefully, they will get done sooner rather than later.

(I have a theory about why Breach is being digitized now, but since it’s nothing but baseless speculation bordering on libel, I’ll keep it to myself…)

4 Likes

Agreed!

2 Likes

I hope to see more Golden Age Batman and Detective Comics. Doing some historical deep-diving. :nerd_face:

1 Like

with the release of American Vampire 1976, can we expect a drop of the entire American Vampire vertigo series as well?

3 Likes

Thanks for asking, @The_Comedian_MD! We don’t have any information about future title additions, but if we do it will be posted here in the Watchtower as soon as we know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

SENSATIONAL WONDER WOMAN for me.

And AMERICAN VAMPIRE 1976.

And really happy that AMERICAN VAMPIRE 1976 is coming to DC Universe Infinite.

2 Likes

@KookieSuperApe is correct- there was a gap between publishing #9 and #10 back in October, so you will see the next issue drop next month. That’s such a great series, glad to see folks are keeping an eye out for it!

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Ooh, this one’s a doozy. It’s mostly a reprint issue, but it features a frame story told by Mrs. Chilton (Joe Chill’s mother), who helped raise Bruce Wayne!

Speaking of Chill, we really need to get his classic story in Batman #47.

(Edit: We do have that story in the form of Batman #198. Good old reprints!)

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing out the new Silver age Action that are about to appear.

The [Superman Fan Club] here specializes in reading and celebrating Silver and Bronze Age Superman series along with Superman family titles like World’s Finest, DC Comics Presents, Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane and Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen, so we’ll add those to our reading journey.

Like you, we’re baffled at the gaps for the Superman comics, Action Comics as well as Superboy before the Legion, Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane from the 60s and 70s.

Maybe these appearing are good sign that they’re going to start digitizing some of this again.

For now I’ve been purchasing the inexpensive collections like “Superman in the Sixties” to fill in some of the gaps of what I recall and greatly enjoyed.

3 Likes

I have now realized that Challenge of the Super Sons is out on DCUI

c31867ceb768f08a59fa92cf2a626b45

4 Likes

1 Like

I’ve been watching the Office for the first time, I’m now in a final season!:grinning::coffee::page_facing_up:

2 Likes

Aren’t there supposed to be daily drops of digital first comics?

1 Like

Only on February 29th, and the 5th Wednesday of every 3rd month.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

We try to add comics on a specific day each week, usually Tuesday. It’s easier to add the comics in bulk each week where possible vs. adding a few issues each day.

1 Like

Maybe the app should be changed then as it clearly states that there are daily releases.

2 Likes