Coming Next Week to DC Universe: All Digitized Golden, Silver, Bronze Age Comics

Just wanted to stop by and say wow, thank you, DCU Team. Ever since the announcement of all the comics dropping, you guys have been getting great press on outside fan/geek sites. Keep up the good work, THIS is the right way to treat fans. Congrats on all the future subscribers you’ll pull in with this brand-spankin’ new library. :blush:

4 Likes

As a life long comic book collector (1973-?), I’m beyond excited. I recently had to sell my DC comic collection, over 2700, books, and I miss reading them. I currently have the Marvel Unlimited and it’s good, but DC comics have always been my favorites. Superman, Batman, Justice League, and the Legion of Super Heroes were my monthly “had to have” and I collected from grammar school thru college. After my kids were born I got away from them but I started buying again at flea markets and comic book shops again. Got a new house last year and needed to get some extra $$$ so I sold what I had. That hurt, but it really helped too. This service came at the best time!
Thank you!

5 Likes

What I’m most hoping for, is a weekly release of comics that were new that week one year ago, like Marvel does (only they do it after six months). I want to be able open up the app on whatever day of the week it updates and read all the “new” releases.

10 Likes

Thank You for everything you have done to make this a service worth having.

1 Like

Why are the Justice League of America #s going BACKWARDS? :frowning:

“Justice League of America (1960-) #77-#22

2 Likes

Wouldn’t dark knight returns, killing joke, watchmen be included in this upload? I know they’re all digitized? Perhaps watchmen falls into the vertigo camp which we know isn’t being included at this time…but DKR and KJ should be?

1 Like

I’m sorry if I’m asking too much, but if it is possible it would be great if the service would add comics more than once a week. I understand that might be harder having to scramble to review what’s going to be added, but it would further make the site better than Marvel Unlimited. Not that DC universe isn’t (incalculable number) times better than MU already.

Also It would be easier for you and better for me(If you do it), if it’s after the release of the golden age to modern age.

And finally(Sorry I know I’m asking a lot), if this is not already happening. Can you release some modern comics this week? Particularly the main blackest night issues?

That’s all of my requests. Now that there are so many comics coming, I won’t have as many. Promise.

Particularly excited for the rest of Mister Miracle, but there’s a ton of cool stuff in here. Barring delays for technical difficulties (which are totally understandable), I assume we can expect these around the usual upload time on Tuesday?

1 Like

DC listened. Cool.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see so many golden, silver, & Bronze Age. DK, Killing Joke, even Watchman did not come out of a void. The tapestry of characters and their various “age” influences can be seen in all those books.

I see Blue Beetle 80s is up, so I think this comics add has started

2 Likes

Just as I proclaimed

The Blue Beetle I’m still seeing is the one that was there before …you got my hopes up buddy

You may notice blue beetles that on the list above what I’m watching is amethyst

Let me try again Blue Beetle is not on the list above

I would watch for amethyst as well as Captain Atom would be real Clues

1 Like

“Camelot 3000 (1982-) #1-#11

I know you said there’d be gaps, but 11 issues out of a 12-issue series seems pretty cruel. Then again, I remember how long the delays between issues were back when the series was coming out in the '80s, so maybe I should congratulate y’all on evoking nostalgia? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any hope for the original Captain Marvel by Fawcett? After seeing Shazam and loving it I would love to do a deep dive.

4 Likes

If Ted Kord was there before I missed it, sorry. Do see a couple Captain Atoms from 80s.

NICE!! Thanks You so much for these

Will smallville comics get added

1 Like