Coming Next Week to DC Universe: All Digitized Golden, Silver, Bronze Age Comics

Mother of Magog. That a lot of comics…*Cough My boy Rex the Wonder Dog needs some respect *cough. Amazing! cant wait to sit down and try and all-stars!

3 Likes

It would take a room full of a hundred monkeys with typewriters 200 years to digitize everything DC ever published since 1938

3 Likes

Yeeesss! More House of Mystery! Also excited to read Mystery in Space, I haven’t had the chance to read much Adam Strange, and those classic sci-fi, spacefaring stories are one of my favorite types of comics.

5 Likes

Wow just thanks for the hard work.

2 Likes

@Don-El, trained monkeys or un-trained? And how often are they allowed smoke breaks?

1 Like

its a lot of comics and i’m gratefull they are here. but none of the stuff i currently care about will be here next week. For those of you who like Classic, Silver, Bronze age comics congrats! I’m just going to wait for my rebirth stuff.

5 Likes

Fortunately I’m still trying to catch up on the two green lanterns comics.

Nathan, I sped read, thought you said Green Hornet …opps, wrong Universe…

1 Like

@ijest, for the scientifically controlled experiment they have to be untrained, and the only thing they can smoke is non-tobacco.

They all are however allowed to wear diapers!

1 Like

Interesting that the 40s Plastic Man is on this list… that was published by Quality Comics. Does this mean books by publishers acquired by DC are on the table? What of, say, the 1967 Blue Beetle?

8 Likes

So will the gaps eventually over time be filled? Like is there going to be every comic from those eras at some point?

1 Like

@Don-El: I would propose making them all clones of Detective Chimp, but he’s an ape and not a monkey, and they’d never stand for no smoking.

@HubCityQuestion: They do have the '60s Captain Atom, so Charlton is apparently on the table. I’m still curious about Fawcett Captain Marvel, but I don’t know if there are rights issues with the title.

5 Likes

Not a single one of those comics interest me and literally I could not be happier. You guys are on the path to creating the service so many of us crave. Keep up the great work. I promise that this formerly grumpy subscriber will give you the benefit of the doubt on just about everything.

Love and respect,
Bryan

5 Likes

I’m going to cry…it’s beautiful

4 Likes

@django yes

1 Like

Oh man, Amethyst and all the pre-Alan Moore Swamp Thing comics. Next week is going to be fun.

I just noticed The Forever People, so now I can finally read The Fourth World saga. Oh god I’m so excited.

4 Likes

WOW that is a lot of comics. As far as this being the complete digital library of Golden, Silver and Bronze age comics I am perplexed by some as if comixology is an indication some of these go on beyond the issues listed, but maybe those are counting as modern age. Either way, this is more comics then I will probably ever read as is and I am sure that question will be clear in time.

Ones I am most looking forward to…

• All the Supergirl series listed
  • The Untold Legend of Batman (as a kid I had a book on cassette of this series and listened to/read it constantly. can’t wait to read it again)
  • The New Adventures of Superboy… which had the Dial H For Hero backup stories… FINALLY some Chris King and Vicky Grant, my favorite of the forgotten heroes.
  • All-Star Squadron. Hoping the rest are considered modern age but either way awesome we have the first 40 issues… more technically since we have some after that
    on here now.
  • Batman Family. I know it won’t be all of them but I will happily take whatever you guys can get.

One thing I am wondering… where is the original Adventure Comics series? Left out again. I know the digital library has to have more then the 3 issues that are on here already… heck there were more issues then that of Adventure Comics on DCU when it launched before they got rotated out? Is that a mistake it isn’t listed. I don’t want to sound like I am complaining… like I said not about to complain at all the goodness we are getting, hardly going to run out of stuff to read. But it just seemed odd it isn’t listed there.

5 Likes

Also excited for DC Comics Presents… my favorite series ever. No comic series embodies the bronce age DC Comics more then that, from the long list of super heroe’s Superman guest stars with to most major artist and writers of the day doing at least one issue. That comic is like a snapshot of the bronze and early modern age DC.

1 Like

Yeah I was surprised Adventure AKA Legion wasn’t on this list but hopefully the next Bunch will have it

1 Like

Holy moley

1 Like