comic conventions

Went to one earlier, here in columbus. A little one, yknow the kind, in a hotel ballroom, not alotta toys or clothes, TONS OF BOOKS. Went crazy on the dollar books, maybe a little too…Lets swap some convention tales, whatta say?

3 Likes

Boodikhan, sounds like fun. Some of those smaller conversations are really cool. I’ve gone to several of the Wizard World conventions and they have almost gotten too big and too expensive. I’ve gone to C2E2 a few times and enjoy those.

2 Likes

The big mid ohio comic con used to be on mansfield ohio, where i grew up. John byrne would pop in cause he was friends with Roger Price, who put the show together. In later Starbrand issues, byrne used roger as a character. It was wild seein a real person in a funnybook that o knew.

1 Like

Later they moved the show to columbus, wizard took over and,yeah, now theres alot more other stuff and fewer books.

1 Like

When Wizard took over my local comic con DC and Marvel stopped coming and they raised the price. Still go every once in awhile, depending on who’s there.

1 Like

Went to Wizard World Dallas in '06 and was fortunate enough to meet the great Michael Turner shortly before he passed away. George Perez was also there giving free autographs before the show. He’s a heck’uva guy.

1 Like

That must have been neat to meet Turner. Cool guy and a great artist.

2 Likes

@Vroom it was very cool. My heart hurt for him. It was obvious he was in a lot of pain, yet he still put a smile on his face and took the time to chat a bit with everyone.

2 Likes

I heard he was nice. Just too bad he’s not with us.

4 Likes

http://sccomicon.com
Headed here next weekend

2 Likes

Last year at the Denver Con I met David Finch, Greg Capullo and FRANK MILLER. It was awesome.

2 Likes

Ithacon in Ithaca NY is Saturday March 23 and Sunday the 24th. Guests include Walt and Louise Simonson, Tom Peyer, Tamora Pierce and Jamal Ingle.
www.ithacon.org

2 Likes

Went to Wizard World Chicago for 3 years in a row, seen fewer comic people and more entertainment people every year. Got to talk to Matt Wagner for almost an hour and shook hands with Mick Foley. Going to my first C2E2 later this month, hopefully some good things will happen there.

3 Likes

Hey there! We go to Chicago Comic Con Every Year! Maybe we should all meet up for 2019!

2 Likes

@WildstormJeff-I hear about fewer people going. Maybe C2E2 has taken their business?

1 Like