Comic Books and Black History

Comic books are becoming a great platform for exploring cultural diversity. A local news channel recently did a story about my favorite local comic book store, which is the only black owned comic book store in Minnesota. The owner, in addition to selling all the latest in comics and pop culture, also sells comic books and graphic novels that share black history with an audience who might not otherwise pursue information about this topic. Interestingly, while the owner and I chat whenever I’m in, I had no idea until I saw the news story that he goes to the lengths he does to educate and inform. I’ve always liked him and now I have a new level of respect for his efforts to help make my community a better place. Does anyone else notice anything along those lines being sold at their favorite local comic book store?

3 Likes

That’s awesome! That comic story owner must be really awesome if your willing to praise them on here.

2 Likes

Hey @mwslawson.47372, what shop is that? I’m in the Twin Cities and would like to check it out if it’s nearby. So cool that he does that.

2 Likes

Mind’s Eye Comics in Burnsville, Minnesota.

1 Like

Cool, I used to stop into the Mind’s Eye Comics when it was in Eagan. I’m mainly trades and ComiXology these days so I only buy singles to support my favorite creators.

2 Likes

Are there any good steel comics on dc universe

1 Like

@RedWolfEagle he has a 54 issue 1994 series you might try out. I don’t know how good it is. But it’s there if your interested.

2 Likes