Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Batman: Blackgate Isle of men
Trying to collect all of the Cataclysm storyline and that on is missing.

2 Likes

I’d really love to see some of Fawcett’s old Captain Marvel/Marvel Family titles, and Quality’s Kid Eternity.

4 Likes

(Also, still missing the Green Arrow Annuals and The Question Quarterly.)

1 Like

Here’s something weird I did for no good reason: I took a lot at when every comic, show, and movie began that’s currently available on DCU, just to see if there were any unrepresented years between 1935 and 2019. And there are a few! If we want to make sure every single year of DC history is represented, we need media from 1945, 1946, 1947, 1953, 1957, 1961, 1963, 1969, and 1970.

Here are my suggestions for each of those:

1945: Marvel Family (89 issues, Fawcett)
1946: Hop Harrigan (15 chapter film serial)
1947: The Vigilante (15 chapter film serial)
1953: Peter Panda (31 issues, “Funny Animal” comic. Addmittedly slow year.)
1957: Adventures of Jerry Lewis (81 issues. Another slow year.)
1961: The Adventures of Superboy (TV Pilot)
1963: Metal Men (56 issues)
1969: The Phantom Stranger (42 issues)
1970: All-Star Western (11 issues)

7 Likes

Classic Metal Men and Phantom Stranger makes me all happy and stuff. :harleyquinn_hqas:

The Rudolph comic would be nice to have for next year’s Christmas season. I can’t imagine anyone at DC would balk at that request.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that there is still a few Shadowpact issues that haven’t been digitalized yet. Is this happening sometime soon? Also a lot of issues are missing from Kirt Busiek’s time on Aquaman. Only the first arc is digitalized

2 Likes

@dr.swampthing Regarding Busiek’s Aquaman, it’s in the midst of a new trade run, in print and digital, with the recently released first volume having a few issues not individually available in digital form. It’s an alternative until they do come out individually at least.

Maybe we’ll get the remaining single issues in digital form after both of the books collecting Busiek’s run have been out for a while.

2 Likes

Sharman #1000000 seems to be a clear.omission given that the One Million storyline.and the rest of Sharman series is inckuded.

1 Like

Do you mean this?
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/starman-1994-2001-1000000/5dd8e608-739c-45d8-aaf9-1287fe03539f

2 Likes

With DC’s renewed interest in Amethyst, I’d like to see the 1987 Amethyst mini-series added to DCU’s library. This is the series that tied Amethyst to the Legion of Super Heroes and it features beautiful art by Esteban Maroto.

5 Likes

At only four issues, that would be a great digital tie-in to the upcoming Amethyst mini.

1 Like

It’s been mentioned before, but for emphasis’ sake, Superboy (1993-2002) #100 would be a swell addition that would complete that series, as it’s the only issue not available in digital form.

4 Likes

I’d love more of the first series of Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #81 to finish out the second series, Artemis Requiem,

I am hoping that when the new movie comes out there will be more. I need more Wonder Woman!

3 Likes

Hey y’all! Just wanted to let you know I’ve noted your requests from the past couple of weeks and passed them on to the appropriate team!

6 Likes

Would love to see the Richard Dragon series on here. I believe it is from the 70s, I have read a few issues but haven’t had any luck locating the full run.

5 Likes

Batman vs predator series

3 Likes

Batman: The killing Joke.

One of the most iconic DC stories ever. Its pretty much a coner stone moment for one of the biggest DC characters, Oracle. It pretty much sets up Oracle until the new 52 reboot. Oracle is in suicide squad, birds of prey, most batman stories, some nightwing & Titans, and many many more. This is a must have for this the DCU database IMO.

1 Like

My top priority is still seeing the Green Arrow annuals from the 80s series, and The Question Quarterly #1-5.

4 Likes

Hal Jordan as the Specter. I’ve been trying to find them for years! I brought it up the other day in the comics section but I only just now remembered there’s a suggestion section. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks, RiseTheDemon! Glad this thread could help- we’ll get that passed along (and of course the other suggestions before this, as well).

It looks like this is from 2001, does that sound right? It would be super helpful in making sure we’re not missing anything if there are any other specific issue numbers and year of publication you can provide. Thank you!

2 Likes