Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Can we please get The Sandman Universe Presents Hellblazer #1 added here? It’s the actual first issue of the 2019 John Constantine: Hellblazer series that we have on here, but it may have been overlooked for importation because it was published under that different title. The description of the issue even says that it’s “the official start of the strangest chapter yet in John Constantine’s long life”, so it seems like a pretty important issue to have here. Thank you.

(In the meantime, if anyone wants to read it, it can be found in John Constantine, Hellblazer Vol. 1: Marks Of Woe.)

6 Likes

Also requesting The Spectre (1987) #7, 13, & 30, which got skipped over when that series was digitized last year. Thank you.

2 Likes

Got these added to the list for ya @KookieSuperApe - Thanks! Also, hope you’re having a great morning!

3 Likes

They never said

3 Likes

I will second our friend @KookieSuperApe and also request:

The Sandman Universe Presents Hellblazer #1

The Spectre (1987) #7, #13, & #30

Thanks again.

4 Likes

That’s my concern; that this thread serves as a placebo to help keep the support inbox light on the deluge of requests the service support center might otherwise get.

3 Likes

I have no doubt that the amazing Moderators here do an excellent job of compiling and forwarding our requests.
Not so confident on what happens on the receiving end of the requests. Apparently there were massive layoffs at DC in December, so there’s less resources to address our requests.
Other problems:

• Some requested issues need to be physically restored and digitized, but access to the DC Archive Office is currently limited due to Covid.
  • Some requested issues are already digitized in Digital TPBs, which are generating revenue for DC, so DC doesn’t want to cut into that by making the single digitized issues available.
4 Likes

I just though it was a bottomless pit we threw request into.

3 Likes

Martian Manhunter: American Secrets #1-3 please and thank you!

3 Likes

@scarecroe for visibility.

This thread serves as a place to make requests that the moderators can log and share with the DC Team. Even if you sent the requests through to the support inbox, the outcome would be the same. The only difference would then be a delay in getting responses for actual support for the service.

As JLA has said, the team got cut down pretty significantly before Christmas and that will impact the speed for digitizing comics significantly. There was also a backlog before the team was affected.

On top of that, we’ve been pretty vocal about saying that this thread serves to help direct the digitization efforts rather than create a queue of comics to be digitized by the team. More requests for an issue = more on the radar for the team, but they already have a roadmap in place and a backlog to work through.

5 Likes

One request in for some Martian Manhunter! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Moderators,
I was reading Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E #4 and at the end it mention…

Day Of Judgment #3. Can you guys please add Day Of Judgment series please. Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you for the response (and also agree with jla172’s response). It’s clear that the moderators are being very accommodating here and I appreciate the help in gaining some insight into how successful these requests have been.

I wonder if it would be worth it to sort requests by those that are known to have already been digitized, and those we suspect have not yet been digitized.

For example, we know Sensation Comics 1-89 are available because they were printed in Omnibus volumes. But only 1-48 are available on DC Infinite. And of those, only 1-9 are the remastered versions. 10-48 are a mix of very old scans (some of which have a charm to the way they look) and microfiche (which look awful).

Would having the already-done, remastered versions of Sensation Comics 10-48 on the DC Infinite service really dip into the sales of the Omnibus volumes? These are really two different markets.

Hope I’m not sounding pushy. Certainly understand the staffing concerns and very grateful for the openness here. But the service did just go from having a ton of movies and TV shows at a lower price, to only having comics at a higher price. The additional comic titles that have been added since the service change doesn’t feel to me personally to have made up for the change in cost.

Respectfully.

5 Likes

Day of Judgment and Millennium are arguably the two biggest event series that haven’t been digitized yet, so I will go ahead and put in another request for:

• Day of Judgment
  • Millennium

Gotta get those event series digitized.

Thank you.

5 Likes

8 Likes

#159 is coming at the end of the month, with #160 hopefully soon to follow!

5 Likes

Are these the last missing JLA/JSA crossovers missing?

3 Likes

Yep!

4 Likes

Well, that just leaves

Curiously, all of these issues have been remastered in All-Star Comics Archives Vols 9 and 10-- and the files on here and Comixolgy are scans of the Archive Editions with a little cleaning up. Does this mean these aren’t digitized because DC Comics somehow doesn’t own copies of 9 and 10? How hard can it be to pick up copies of thosse volumes when conventions resume? And how about a copy of–

Now this one might cost a few hundred dollars-- but then again the copy only has to be good enough to remaster for digitizing and future omnibuses.

5 Likes

Added a request in for the full Day of Judgement series!

4 Likes