Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Are you suggesting that we create a separate thread specifically for requests for digitized comics to be added to the site as well as a thread specifically for digitization requests? It’s an interesting idea that I can definitely share with the admins and get their feedback on it.

Honestly I can’t really say on this one. I don’t think that a lot of the decisions regarding digitizations are driven by sales metrics. There’s often exclusive contracts (with Comixology for example) that prevent the issues from being hosted anywhere else.

As far as I’m aware, the service remained at the same price of $7.99/m after the transition to DC Universe Infinite. Have you found that you’re paying more now than you were for DC Universe? If so, that’s definitely something to have a conversation with our support team about.

4 Likes

Thankyou @Alec.Holland! :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s still $7.99. (2 bucks cheaper than similar sites run by people owned by mice)

4 Likes

@KookieSuperApe - Requests added for DoJ and Millennium! Thank you :slight_smile:

@MisfitCMJ - Added a request for JLA #160 for you in case it’s not on the way!

Also added in requests for All Star #39 - #49 and Aquaman The Invasion of the Fire-Trolls.

I’m not sure if DC owns copies 9 & 10, but I’d have to assume that they’re in the vault somewhere. The issue currently is the limited access due to the pandemic.

4 Likes

It’s Aquaman #1. Back in the sixties, they skipped numbering the first issue for fear that retailers and newstands would more quickly, even automatically return an unproven publication. But somehow, issue #2 was okay…

4 Likes

The 60s was a wild time. Thanks for the backstory! I’ll fix the request :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello there @Alec.Holland. :wave: :sunglasses:

A new batch of requests today please and thank you. :clark_hv_4:

• Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search for Swamp Thing #1, #2, #3 (2011)
  • Brightest Day: The Atom Special #1 (2010)

I also searched on comixology and did not find them. :open_mouth:

I’m also guessing the search for you lead you to being one of our super mods. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s the right thing, but I appreciate the admins exploring additional options.

I didn’t know that. So it is possible that there are some Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman comics from the 1940s and 50s that we’ll never get on this service?

My price went from $59.99/year for the Movies/TV/Comics service to $75/year for just a comics service. Not a complaint, but both an observation and a desire to see the comics library expand much more than it has. My dream is to one day have every issue of Wonder Woman, Sensation Comics, and Cavalcade Comics available on the service at the very least.

Thanks again, Alec!

3 Likes

Thanks for the requests! Added to the list :wink:

I was specifically request as they needed another Green mod :st_swamp_thing2:

4 Likes

Never say never, but if they’re subject to exclusivity agreements, there will definitely be a delay on getting them onto the service. It’s definitely a more complicated process than it initially seems on the surface.

Sounds like you were on an older subscription plan. As far as I know, we honored most of these as we transitioned to DCU Infinite. I’d highly suggest reaching out to the support team to see if they can shed any light on that situation for you!

3 Likes

Beside you, Green.Lantern & Pretty.Poison.Bombshell, we did had another awesome green Moderator, his name was BestBeastBoy. He would do the poll stuff, he was such a nice guy.:slightly_smiling_face:
I’m starting to think that The Moderators favorite color is green! Same here!

2 Likes

Ah yes, BestBeastBoy was apparently a wonderful mod. I never met him as I was his direct replacement, but I heard nothing but good things!

2 Likes

We actually did used to have a thread for exactly that purpose called Digital to Digital Requests. I’m not sure what happened to it. But I’ve just been putting my requests for already-digitized issues in this thread. I’ve always tried to make a note, though, when I know that an issue that I (and occasionally others) have requested has already been digitized.

3 Likes

It’s probably a conversation to be had to see if there’s enough requests for already digitized issues to warrant a separate thread. Like I said, I’ll pass it on to the admins and we’ll see if there’s a need :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I couldn’t find any of these on Comixology or Amazon Kindle:

Swamp Thing 1982 Annual # 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6
(#5 is available digitally as part of Neil Gaiman’s Midnight Days: Deluxe Edition, but I couldn’t find it by itself.)

Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search for Swamp Thing (2011) # 1-3

3 Likes

I’d like to request a few “Triangle Era” Superman one-shots:

Superman Red/Superman Blue (1998) #1
Superman Forever (1998) #1
Superman: Save the Planet (1998) #1

Supermen of America (1999) #1
Superman: King of the World (1999) #1

Superman Y2K (2000) #1

Superman: Lex 2000 (2001) #1

Thanks for making DC Universe Infinite so great!

3 Likes

Ah yes, a person of culture! :wink:

Both requests added to the list for you! :st_swamp_thing2:

2 Likes

Added in those Superman requests for you, Brian! :superman:

3 Likes

What happened to BestBeastBoy?

2 Likes

He got a promotion in a similar way to MIB, so he moved on to bigger things :slight_smile:

3 Likes