COMIC BOOK AFTERMATH CLUB

After I read a comic book I always pause for a moment and think about everything that just happened. And than, I try to plug it in to the already present knowledge I have of the DCU.

How about you? What and how do you feel after reading a comic book?

And please share what your thoughts are after reading a comic book and we can discuss your questions, thoughts, answers, confusion, etc. I will definitely be sharing mine!!

Cant wait to hear!!!

2 Likes

I recently read Geoff John’s the flash book 5, and it was fantastic!!! It kind of tied into the identity crisis, because of the whole thing with the top’s abilities getting stronger.

I stopped for like 10 minutes to think about what had happened in the comic. And as I explained above… I merged it to my current knowledge of the flash and the dcu

1 Like

My reaction to finishing reading a comic is usually “Hey, I gotta read more of this kind of thing!”

It tends to be kind of dangerous when I have actual work to do. Probably the most exaggerated example is that I tried to read Birds of Prey, but then the crossover with Nightwing in Chuck Dixon’s original run got me sidetracked into reading that series from the beginning, which got me sidetracked into reading Robin, which got me sidetracked into reading Dixon’s Detective Comics, so now I’m back bouncing between Detective Comics and Robin, trying to alternate and read all the crossovers so I can catch everything up to where I was on Nightwing and Birds of Prey.

It’s great fun, but I’m way off-track from what I actually meant to read.

2 Likes

That’s actually really funny!!!lol!!! You read one thing that leads to the next. To a certain extent I think that happens to everyone. All the comics are just so good!!

2 Likes

I’m like that.
I have to take a moment to savor the comic.

I think it’s a trait I developed when I was younger.
I would always pause for at least a day after each chapter of a novel.
And before bed, I had a small stack of comics that I would read… but I would only read to the next break for ads. 'Continued on x page following" became my cue to put the comic away and go to the next one.

Probably why I grew up to like old movie serials and anthologies.

1 Like

Ya… I actually like the trait, becuaee it allows me to process all the info I just learned.

2 Likes

Anyone else?

1 Like

I don’t stop.
Funny enough the only way I can stop is if I quit reading mid-comic

1 Like

Heroes In Crisis:

1 Like

BETRAYED

1 Like

@thelegendkillerx
Literally same here. I have to either force myself to stop, or run out of comics.

1 Like

@misfith
Why?

1 Like