[CLOSED] Questions About DC Universe Rewards Program? Ask Here!

@Applejack I’m not earning tokens. I’m stuck at 255 and haven’t seen an update since 5/3/20. I sent an email to support on 5/5/20. I just logged out and logged back in. Has the program been rolled out to iPad? Or is it still PC only?

2 Likes

There’s a weekly earn limit of 250.

What happens when you have reached your weekly limit and still kept up with activities? Would the points be retro’d or you would have to redo the activities that came after the limit was reached?

There will not be retro’s for actions taken during the “downtime”, only taken during your 0-250+bonus earn window :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey TM, the toggling of platforms during the early release and test period should not have effected your earn rates- it sounds like you never had your earn window reset, is that right? Can you confirm the date when you signed up, beta or otherwise?

2 Likes

@Applejack Here are screenshots saying my account was created on 5/2 and the last credit earned 5/3. If it stopped at 250 that would make sense that I reached the limit. Also, did I reach the limit in 2 days? I guess I am a power user. :grinning:

2 Likes

I hope this doesn’t make anyone sad, but given the ability to “break” the system with multiple community comments, we reduced the limit of earning in Community to 3 comments to help prevent spam (something I would never accuse you of!).

From what I see of these screenshots, you’re at 175 tokens, would you agree that’s right?

So let’s say you signed up on 5.2.20…

May 2nd-May 3rd: Powered like crazy to 255 tokens
May 9th: Ability to earn more tokens kicks in

I would say whether the tokens indicate this or not, you are most certainly a power user in my book :flexmentallo_dp:

2 Likes

A limit of three comments per day or week? Just some unasked for feedback: if the goal is fan engagement, is it better we engage with each other in the community or watching and reading content? Maybe lower the points granted per comment?

I’m a sales guy and we have a saying: compensation drives behavior. For those looking to maximize their tokens, they will do the what “pays” them the most tokens the fastest. My favorite part of DCU is the community so I engage there a lot. Others love to read or watch more than comment.

Someone commented that they liked seeing the points go up every day. I don’t want to blow out my points in a day or two because that spoils the fun. I’m sure you and your team will figure out a system that balances out our engagement. :+1:

2 Likes

I have a question. I read two comics that said they had ten token each for reading them, yet my token count is still at 70 like it was before. Did I miss something?

1 Like

@Applejack

I haven’t been following the rewards program too much because I seem to reach max on.the first day the restart occurs.

Since I do this without reading comics (I use Comixology) or watching movies, (Google Play Movirs ) I reached my limit based on.my forum activity I guess.

Did the limit of three comments happen recently?

If so I guess I won’t be hiting max anymore.

A rational .person who comments frequently might limit commenting now because there is no reward.

I might think three times before trying to give a helpful reply to a poster asking a question. And I will stop looking at my rewards count if my activities result in no tokens.

So is ‘fan engagement’ mainly to get people who rarely comment to comment more as the frequent commentors on.the board reduce theit activities to their book club? Which in my case is the DC History Club whiose monthly topics few members read.

And is that what you want?

I have probably been posting too much in the forum anyway. Time to shut up.

2 Likes

Do the points for community engagement only count if you’re on a pc? It sounded like the feature only works on the pc?

1 Like

I use only an.Android Phone and I get points added to my rewards, recently by participating in thr forum.

1 Like

How are we supposed to “pick our favorite character” when it has been limited to 11 heroes and 1 villain? No Hawkman or Hawkgirl. No Captain Marvel. No Martian Manhunter. No Atom. No Nightwing. No Blue (Ted Kord) Beetle. No Jay Garrick or Wally West. No Alan Scott or John Stewart. No Doctor Fate. No Hourman. No William (Starman) Payton. Getting content “tailored just for you” is easy if your favourite is Batman. But if your favourites are slightly obscure (really, Billy Batson’s alter ego is obscure???), you’re out of luck.

2 Likes

Hello, not so much a question but a suggestion: Could a “preview” option be available in the future for viewing rewards? I like being able to see an item in full before deciding if I want to get it, especially for posters and figures, but when selecting them it only gives a cropped/partial view. Having poster dimensions would also be a much appreciated extra.

4 Likes

I already messaged @Applejack but I thought it may be a good idea to post here as well. I noticed a user on the rankings had somehow managed to earn a large amount of tokens in a short time. These two pictures I’ve posted are in the span of less than an hour. This feels a little fishy but if anyone could give a good explanation it would ease my paranoia.

4 Likes

The whole idea is that
You have to go to the end of a video, past the credit
Or
To the last page of a comic
To gain tokens

This is important
To know
Because
People often leave a video
Before the credits ends
If you do that
You don’t gsin any points.

It is easy to get to the end
Without
Watching the entire movie
Just go to just before the end.
Or
Go from first page to last page of a comic.

I believe the mods are aware of this

Which is why the allowed weekly token. Count is so low
And why
watching more videos
or any other activity
After rraching max points
Doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Hi there! We are asking folks to allow 24 hours for their tokens to populate, so hopefully you’ve seen your rewards appear for those comics since posting this issue. If not, can you please let us know what comics did not rewards you, and what platform you are using? Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes, we did put a limit in place to prevent spamming of comments to earn points. Our rewards program is meant to be a complement to our service, and we hope that those who enjoy all our offerings are able to benefit; or, that others might enjoy discovering something new about our service they might not have otherwise explored.

There are many ways folks can attempt to gamify a Rewards program, and it will be interesting to continue to see our resident detectives and puzzlers come up with new and interesting ways to try it out!

We’ve been able to enjoy our community before Rewards, and we are confident that it will still be an enjoyable place for people with Rewards, and after Rewards.

4 Likes

Community is available on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting your favorite character suggestions, we will pass this along to the team for consideration!

1 Like