Clawing Her Way to the Top: Tini Howard Discusses the All-New Catwoman

Ya we will have two wait and see.

2 Likes

PS: i am also just having fun analyzing the story’s artwork as I did with Batman/Catwoman. as you can tell, something is truly off with Selina. in a less obvious way than with the rest of vol 5.

1 Like

How do you mean? Are you sure it’s not just the artist change from the main artist, Nico Leon?

1 Like

skipping the dialog and looking at the pictures. For example, Selina stole the neckless Valmont was after under his nose shows she is still very competent. Eiko and possibly Grace (Eiko’s girlfriend) are part of the yakuza raid on Selina’s apartment. Selina also does appear tired and lonely when she has moments alone.

1 Like

Interesting points. Doesn’t change my mind, but good to see some detail work being done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nothing wrong with that. :+1:

2 Likes

Is Tini Howard a good writer?

2 Likes

I don’t think so, but she has many fans.

@Nobody.bladesmith - Solicits for October’s issue of Catwoman:

Don’t you just hate it when your current and former lovers meet accidentally? That’s definitely the case here for Catwoman, as Valmont and Batman cross paths! Is Batman jealous or just concerned that Selina is dating an international criminal who is also a murderer? There are some lines you just don’t cross, Cat, and not all attention is good attention.

So…I am pretty sure that means I’m right. Dunno if she’s actually gonna sleep with Eiko, but it sounds pretty confirmed she’s going to sleep with Valmont. :frowning:

2 Likes

Saw it earlier and have been running it through my head. I am not yet convinced till I see them do to deed…then I will likely need to get a new kindle fire. because failsafe ark in batman running for six issues and chip did confirm that after six Arks (i think he meant issues) we get more batcat again.

1 Like

I hope so. It feels like he wants to start with BatCat estranged, and build up to them together again, similar to what he did with Daredevil and Elektra.

2 Likes

I just realized…there is supposed to be a shocking ending to Batman 126…perhaps Valmont will encounter:

as Selina needs to deal with eiko, then deal with cobblepot the time difference may be oh seven days between Catwoman 45 and batman 126. then 47 is them going to find pengys kids, and 48 the other part of the fight between Valmont and failsafe.

1 Like

You think they’re gonna murder Valmont off by Robot?

2 Likes

One can hope, one can hope. (ok this is really dark)

1 Like

Eh, I don’t think ANYONE thinks Valmont is gonna be a major lasting figure. I feel he’s way too underveloped for me to care that much. I’m more irritated at how stupidly Eiko is being written.

2 Likes

I feel Eiko is biding her time waiting to take over everything.

1 Like

I think you may have something there. I’d still like to know why Selina let Eiko come back after the end of Valentine’s run.

1 Like

she was at Selina’s bachelorette party in the prelude to the wedding red hood vs. anarchy.

1 Like

Yeah, which in itself is a bit odd, given their history (though I was glad to see her). Inviting your ex to your wedding party…

But I always viewed that as Eiko visiting Gotham, not that she’d moved back and taken over the Gotham Yakuza again.

2 Likes

Have not read vol 4, so I can’t say. But she may never have permanently left.

1 Like

Vol 4 of what? The end of Valentine’s run implies that she left for a pretty good long while.

2 Likes