Clawing Her Way to the Top: Tini Howard Discusses the All-New Catwoman

In Valentine’s run, Eiko had a vivid personality just two issues in, though. Howard isn’t using her very effectively. Now, maybe the story she’s telling doesn’t require Eiko to be used effectively, and I will grant that the mobster turncoat son and Onyx have vivid personalities, and I do enjoy that, but it’s a bit annoying.

3 Likes

Zdarsky’s first arc.

1 Like

Actually we see Unlike some of the other members of the big 5 Eiko does not mind going out on the ‘front lines’ in this. honestly, I am more intrigued by Holly Robertson appearing in the dream sequence.

oh…I just flipped through DC connect. so I did not realize that was the name of the next ark.

2 Likes

From reading Howard’s newsletters pre-release, I had the distinct impression that Eiko was going to have a major role to play in the first arc. Well, color me naive I suppose I’m also the putz that keeps falling for deceptive cover art as well. I just can’t seem to help it! Ha!

2 Likes

I’m kind of surprised that Penguin is not included in this little merry motley crew of mobsters.

2 Likes

So was I.

2 Likes

I understand that criminals are pesky, adaptable creatures that are hard to truly eradicate. Still, I do find it strange that Batman hasn’t already dismantled the organized criminal apparatuses active in Gotham City by this point. I suppose everyone loves a mob story!

1 Like

Nature abhors a vacuum. I’m sure Batman has made pushes to eliminate them, but as in the Dark Knight film, the costumed villains step into the gaps, and then they suck up Batman’s attention and energy, and leave space for the normal mob to recover and reassert itself. (This is all in universe. Out of universe, I’m sure it’s just that the writers want to write organized crime stories again. :slight_smile: ).

2 Likes

Sure. From Batman’s perspective, it might even be a good idea to monitor their activities but allow them to operate to some degree so as to avoid a power struggle.

2 Likes

And also to make plans to take over the mob using your own agents, but then treat your agents very poorly so they try to use those plans, and then cause a gang war.

Wait, this sounds familiar… :wink:

2 Likes

What are your expectations for the upcoming Harley arc?

1 Like

Hmmm. My guess is a lot of comparing Batman and the Joker to all the abusive mobsters, and a lot of kicking the mobsters in the fork.

2 Likes

I sincerely hope not, but it wouldn’t shock me at all if that actually happens.

2 Likes

I could of course be wrong. I hope I am, because I have to review it.

2 Likes

I hope the dialogue between Harley and Selina isn’t too cringe-inducing.

2 Likes

I could see it being solid. The dialogue per se isn’t my main critique of the series so far.

2 Likes

He did when he took down the roman and went to war in the war of the jokes and riddles

1 Like

I’m well aware of that. I was wondering why Batman hadn’t taken down the big five that appeared in this arc.

1 Like

rouge crime takes precedence for him.

2 Likes

I felt I should mention this here and it’s something I have been thinking a few years but I would love it if they finally brought Red Claw into mainstream comics as Catwoman’s Archenemy. Red claw to me is what Selina could have been if Catwoman did not have her complex morals.

2 Likes