Catwoman: Hunted Discussion Thread

Well that line ended and now we have the Rebirth/New DCAMU/Tomorrowverse/Kriegverse.

1 Like

It is the DCAOM with a DCAMU inside it and now another universe inside it.

2 Likes

That’s actually how Grundy talks in the comics.

2 Likes

There are plenty of comics where he makes full sentences. For example.

Consistently written Grundy is not.

4 Likes

I was thinking Injustice and Batman vol 3 aperinces.

3 Likes

PS Thoughts: Catwoman VS Cheshire dialogue: It could have been better if Chesher said I am expanding the trope ever hear of cat scratch fever (it’s not just a song).

1 Like

you know a string of sequels staring selina’s future in-laws. next movie could be Catwoman and the Batgirls hunted, Catwoman (batboys 134) Hunted then Catwoman and Huntress and red hood (Helena B) hunted ending with Catwoman/Batman under enemies #1 where they get married then finally aBatfamily:The coming of helena.

2 Likes

Thats more or less Grundy as a charactor

1 Like

That is a tiny fraction of Grundy as a character.

1 Like

I have finally decided to watch Catwoman: Hunted and the first thing I thought of was Cowboy Bebop. The intro just had those vibes. I love the soundtrack. This might be the first DC animated movie that I want the soundtrack for.

I enjoyed the combination of CGI with modern anime style. Everything looked smooth, an improvement from the first Superman movie after the reboot. I know this is from a different studio but one can hope this is the new standard and it doesn’t have to be in an anime style.

Overall, I enjoyed the story. I have just read all of Batwoman and it was nice to see Kate Kane play a major role. Thanks to the way Cheetah looks in this movie, I will never have to wonder what Blanka would look like as a female.

If I were to have a double feature night of DCAU flicks I would watch Batman Ninja next to keep the anime vibes going.

3 Likes

Just got my hands on a physical copy of the film now too there are two special features.

1 Like

I do not think the one I borrowed had any special features.

1 Like

DVD or blue-ray cause here it is clear as day on the back of the blue rays slip cover

PS I just watched it again (since i bought it for the special features) and i realized they may have had a The Batman (movie) easter Egg. Annna

1 Like

What are the special features like? Length?

1 Like

Catwoman: The Feline Femme Fatale Is 39 minuites long and also available on HBO max (as of 3/14/2022 it may change) under the Dark Knight Rises extra’s. Its actually worth watching as it includes interviews with the actresses who played Catwoman over the years (except for The Batman) and writers of Catwoman over the years.

When the hunter becomes the hunted is around 20 minutes and discusses the movie and a bit of Catwoman’s history.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks! Would the Feline Femme Fatale be on the DKR blurays?

1 Like

No, it’s not. I think it was released when DKR was put on HBO Max which was only in the last six months ( i can’t remember when it was put on HBO max other than that timeline)

2 Likes

Catwoman hunted is Now on HBO Max.

If this does take place in Young Justice world it has to be before the current season. PS: The one thing I did not like was Selina constantly giving her name as its not really something she would do.

2 Likes

I liked it! I thought Elizabeth Gillies was a fantastic Selina and I’m always in for a globe trotting adventure. Here are some stray thoughts in a bulleted list:

• I thought the opening scene was charming with the masquerade ball setting.
  • The mouth flaps are just slightly off and I found it really distracting in the first action sequence.
  • Love the idea of teaming up Batwoman and Catwoman. Loved the nod to Selina’s bisexuality.
  • The animation is gorgeous except when it goes 3D.
  • I’ve never heard of King Faraday had to look him up. I’m always excited by deep cuts like this.
  • Barbara’s pointy ears don’t work for me.
  • I did not care for Nosferata. She took me out of the movie. I can’t pinpoint why.
  • I enjoyed it far more than I thought it would!
2 Likes