Catwoman: Hunted Discussion Thread

On Tuesday, February 8th, Catwoman: Hunted released both physically and digitally. Directed by Shinsuke Terasawa (part of the Lupin the Third animated franchise) and written by Greg Weisman, starring Elizabeth Gillies and Stephanie Beatriz as Catwoman and Batwoman respectively. You can find more information here:

Did anyone else pick this up? What did you think?

7 Likes

I thought this was a really enjoyable story - loved the Tom King nod, and the final fight was a lot more tense in execution than I expect from these kinds of films. Definitely one of the better ones I’ve seen from DC’s animated features.

5 Likes

I’ll be renting it on the 22nd, the same day that the newest issue of Catwoman hits retail.

Purrrfect timing on both fronts.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed it.
The anime style was a different style for DC that looked awesome™:+1:.

Enjoyed the roster they had from Batwoman Julia Black Mask Whale Cheetah Keshire and more that I didn’t know were characters.

The action and music where great. Fast paced and packed full of fun. The battle between Cheetah and Catwoman was very awesome™:+1:. The horror vibes and all really great. Also like the dynamic between Cat and BW.

Overall a great movie with fast paced action. Left turns. And just a lot of fun. Definitely would like to see a sequel.

2 Likes

Planning on watching it tomorrow! :crossed_fingers: I’ve been looking forward to this ever since it got announced; two of my favorite actresses and a great cast of characters.

3 Likes

Found it enjoyable, I liked that batwoman has struck up a friendship with her cousin’s long-term off-and-on girlfriend. I liked Jeulia Pennyworth being in this, and King Faraday being in this. (a nod to darwin cook.) hmm, I almost feel this ties in with titans bruce going to London. I also loved that it showed just what Catwoman can do when fighting. i also liked her voice actor and hope she takes over for the late N. Revera. I loved the nods to classic animes I swear cheata reminds me of someone but I can’t put my finger on it. I am almost thinking Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo but am not sure.

I so want a sequel (and Prequel) to this. as I want to see the ultimate catfight Catwoman and Talia…maybe dc can do an official manga for the prequel. then again this could take place in Batman and the justice league manga.

3 Likes

This was a pretty fun movie. Some deep cuts with the Leviathan villains. It can be enjoyed on its own, but it may have some story and character connections to Young Justice as well.

4 Likes

Welcome back to our loving community!

Glad to know you enjoyed this movie… I’ll have to watch it ASAP in that case!

3 Likes

True it could be linked to young justice as Kelly Hu does reprised her roll as Cheshire who she voices in Young Justice. However she has also played Lady shiva in batman soul of the dragon and Arkham origins, and plays china white in Arrow. Personally i would however love to have catwoman finally in Young Justice. however this would have to take place before the time skips of that to work which this could do.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community @sandovala21.69453! :partying_face: The movie definitely did a great job with its ensemble of characters and I’m a sucker for seeing Cheshire in anything. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

You and @Nobody.bladesmith may be interested to know a version of the events from the movie actually do happen in the Young Justice universe. More here:
https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=1236

That being said… Catwoman in Young Justice? Um, yes please.

5 Likes

Oh, fun.

1 Like

I had no idea this was even a thing. Just watched the trailer and looks pretty cool. Might buy it physical to have on the shelf. I’m always up for more Selina content.

3 Likes

Where can I see this? Is it at HBOMax?

3 Likes

PS: this makes me wonder if this Selina was in the LOA originally given she has some training from Shiva. there are at least 2 Selina’s in the multiverse who have been a member that I am aware of: Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-19 Selina kyle and Catwoman Soul stealer Selina Kyle. with the former, this Selina was actually Talia’s sparring partner for a time. where the latter was trained by Talia and her sister.

2 Likes

Catwoman: Hunted is available for purchase on physical and digital media, while being available to rent on the 22nd.

It isn’t yet on HBO Max, but it likely will be in the coming months, once its been available for purchase and rental after a certain period of time (90 days? Just a wild guess).

1 Like

Does any know if the physical copy has any special features? PS: Sorry did not mean to have this as a reply

2 Likes

Cat Woman Hunted A Very Good Movie!
Leviathan, Lead By Barbara Minerva, the Cheetah!
Solomon Grundy!
Black Mask!

Cat Woman Battles Black Mask, Leviathan and Cheetah!
Cat Woman and Bat Woman, Team Up!

A Very Interesting Movie!
Cat Woman, Wears Old Vintage Costume In the Beginning!

I, Didn’t Like Seeing Solomon Grundy and Chettah, Die!
I, Hate Having Death In D.C. Movies!
So Depressing!

Great Car Chase between Cat Woman and Black Mask!
Cat Woman, Proves She is A Great Thief, at the End!
By Stealing the Cat’s Eye Ruby From Underneath Bat Woman’s Nose!

1 Like

I briefly glanced at the Blu-ray last week at Target, and I think it has a featurette about Catwoman.

3 Likes

Just saw it and sadly far from a fan. Did Joss Whedon write it, because it has many of his faults. Like all the dialogue is quips.

3 Likes

3 Likes