Catch a Rising Hero: The Future Stars of Future State

By now, you may have caught on that DC Future State isn’t just a collection of stories about the potential future of the DC Universe. It’s about painting a picture of the future lineup of DC comics as well. In what we might consider a bit of a time paradox in its own right, the distant future seen in these comics is a prelude of what’s to come, if not in linear content, then in character. Many of the characters highlighted in Future State will be taking the center stage once the DC line returns to tales of the present day, so now is a perfect time to take stock of these legends of tomorrow before they become the heroes of today.

Take a look at this article to see just a few of the Future State icons with bright futures ahead.

What do you think of this line-up? Are you excited to see these characters continue? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

4 Likes

Haven’t read Future State Justice League yet, but I’m curious to see how other writers write Jo Mullein. NK Jemisin left big shoes to fill.

3 Likes

SHOES!!! i love her!!! i cant wait for more!

5 Likes

This is my big worry for the character. The writing AND art are so good in Far Sector. So far, visually, her other appearances have been a huge downgrade imo.

3 Likes

Looking forward to see how Jo and Yara interact with the rest of the DCU. I hope The next writer can keep up the standard left by Nemish.

1 Like