Cassie Sandsmarks Many Outfits

The second Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmark
Has had many outfits.
Which is your favorite?
Which is the worst?
Which do you remember the best?
Pictures are welcome.

5 Likes

I really dislike the Teen Titans outfit where it’s just jeans and a (are they called tank tops?). The one in the new Young Justice looks cool.

3 Likes

So I’m going to agree with behemoth here and say that this outfit from the new Young Justice is definitely her best one

Although honorable mentions do go to her last two outfits in the original young justice- the one with pigtails and a jacket, and the one with the black top, longer hair, and goggles, to the one from Teen Titans in the late 2000s where she’s wearing a long sleeved red shirt with a gold Wonder Woman emblem across her chest, the one she wore in later issues of injustice two, where it’s a red pantsuit type thing, and to the one that was released a couple of days ago by Tom Taylor on Twitter for the dead planet book that’s coming out. The current look is definitely the best though
So I guess my rankings are(of the ones listed)

1. current (also dceased- it’s basically the same but with slightly different colors)
  2. Dead Planet
  3. Teen Titans long sleeves
  4. Injustice 2 (she has two pretty good ones here actually)
  5. Later original Young Justice
  6. Mid original young justice

She’s had other outfits than those obviously, but those are my favorites for her, although the last 4 positions on that board are basically interchangeable.
New52 costume is garbage however, and should be burned (I have, uh, very strong Cassie opinions)

5 Likes

Do you have pictures of the outfits you mentioned?
And strong Cassie opinions are perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve managed to hunt the ones I was taking about down

So, the teen titans one is this:

Midway through YJ are these(there was also a version of this one with blue blue jeans but otherwise it was the same)

Dceased was this

Dead planet is this

At the end of yj is this

She had two injustice outfits I liked, so here are these (sorry about the low quality on the all red one, that was the best one I could find for full body on that outfit)

I tend to prefer her outfits that aren’t crop tops/have sleeves, but these are all pretty good imo

5 Likes

Thanks @bluesilver!

3 Likes

WTH Kind of costume is that!

2 Likes

A shheeerr top one

3 Likes

The Young justice one is good

6 Likes

That was just the best one I could find of that one lol. But yeah she tends to favor t shirts and the like- the sheerness was just because she was getting reallllllyyy over sexualized by the end of the pre-52, which was only bumped up about, I dunno, 300 notches with the new 52. Thankfully rebirth (starting with injustice) has been pretty good to her, and her newest outfit is perfect. But yeah that top wasn’t usually that sheer, it’s really just the art there

4 Likes

I’m a sucker for what we could call Cassie’s classic costumes: the black tank top and red cargo pants with stars that she wore on the YJ animated series and I also like the one with the red crop top, WW emblem, and gold and red pants (but this outfit only works if there’s gold in the pants and it’s not all red), and I’m also a sucker for the WW t-shirt and jeans because the costume embodies who she is: a normal teenage girl who fights by WW’s side and it embodies her personality as a casual girl, a tomboy.

But I think one of her cutest and most underated one is her costume from DC Bombshells. Its a yellow top with a WW Emblem, shorts, red boots, and a red headband. The only thing that would make this costume better was if her shorts had stars and were worn with an eagle belt like WW’s Bombshell costume.

I think the WW t-shirt and jeans, and her new cute current costume would work better as her civilian clothing, while her classic costumes (black WW shirt and red bottoms and the red crop top with the WW emblem) and her Bombshells work best as her actual Superhero Wonder Girl costumes.

I would love to see one of Cassie’s classic costumes get recreated in a Spartan style like Supergirl’s costume on JLA, or be recreated to look more like the classic Mary Marvel and Supergirl costumes.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I like this one most…

4 Likes

3198640-wonder girl

The significance of this outfit is important. She starts wearing this after Infinite Crisis after the death of Superboy (Conner):

It is considered a homage or show of respect.

1 Like

Black wig. Bootleg T-shirt. Huge glasses. Absolute gremlin child. First Cassie is Best Cassie.

3 Likes