CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT BATWOMAN ENDING THOU? (Loved tonight's episode btw)

I’m so confused in a GREAT way!!! LOL.
So wait what? So did their earth merge with another earth where Beth is still alive? Or are they triplets?
Or is Alice really crazy, no blood relation but thinks she is??
How are they gonna spin this??
I can’t wait to see where this goes!!!
Tonight’s episode was great and I loved that they explained to the Haters why they made the show (in a way). Also hoping the new girl becomes something more in the future…maybe Batgirl? Or an assistant to them?
What are your theories or thoughts??

4 Likes

I’m thinking she’s a doppleganger. We saw on Supergirl with the people in Al’s that multiple versions of the same person can exist at once, so I’m hoping that’s the case with Beth. Next week is gonna be interesting!

3 Likes

It’s possible that, like w/ the multiple Brainys in Supergirl, this could be an alternate Beth that got dumped onto Earth-Prime post-Crisis, or maybe it’s just Clayface

4 Likes

Kate says her wish came true so I’m thinking that when Oliver restarted the universe, he tried to make it the best version. So John has his daughter back and Kate has her sister. In the post crisis world they may have combined universes but idk, this is one theory.

4 Likes

Excellent theory!

2 Likes

Spoiler for Supergirl:

The doppelgängers are now a ~thing~ post crisis. They came through some wormhole in Supergirl so maybe that happened to Beth, like there were certain points on earth that instead of merging the earths, just brought everything together. Aka all the people there between earths still exist, instead of only one.

Hence 2 Beths.

3 Likes

That’s the nice thing about a CRISIS universal " reboot." Anything and everything is now possible. Even a TITANS and Doom Patrol team-up. Opps, sorry, didn’t mean to go there. Was already challenged earlier on another board for even suggesting such a thing. Even though TITANS, season 1, episode 4, clearly establishes the two as existing on the same Earth. It is my belief then, and now, that sooner or later, that’s going to have to be addressed. Or should be!

2 Likes

I’m interested to see what happens if Alice finds out about another Beth running around. I’d imagine she won’t be too happy with the idea of Kate finding a sister like her but not her.

2 Likes

IKR?? She’ll probably gone crazy banana nuts!! Can’t wait!

1 Like

I agree with you…it’d be great to see but if you notice at the end of Crisis - they’re on separate earths now which okay… I get it but so we’re NOT gonna see Cyborg join the Titans then?? That would stink…

Yeah agreed that’s probably what happened…Clayface…LOL that’s awesome.

1 Like

Love the idea of a Clayface return to the live action world of the DCU. His master of disguise abilities have long made him a favorite among the fans. Never knowing when he’s going to turn, where, or as who is always attention getting. He’d be a formidable adversary for Kate, or any hero currently holding down a CW show. I fully support his next appearance!

3 Likes

The COIE seems like the best bet. However, in the Batwoman rebirth comic Alice does eventually become partners with Kate & fight with her to save Gotham. Maybe the Crisis showed us a sneak peak of the future Alice as a nod to the comic? Right place (mentally) Alice, wrong time. Oh, forgot, also loved the episode.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be really wicked if he was on any of the shows or even went back and forth?? I’m LOVING him on Harley Quinn!! But he should show up on Batwoman first…then get away and pop up on another show…like a running gag…? That’d be cool. :laughing:

Lovin’ Harley too. But that’s a whole 'nother subject. I want to go back to your opening comments shadybear, about “the Haters.” Anna Diop and Ruby Rose (Starfire and Batwoman) respectively, should never have had to endure the vicious " trolling" that all to often crops up on the internet. Sure, the web allows us to speak our minds (under whatever censorship rules might apply on any given site). But it still allows for an enormous amount of free speech. Said speech can be awfully vitriolic in the wrong hands. And as we know all to well, such speech has led to young suicides when directed in bombardment fashion against those not yet strong enough to withstand it.

All of which makes me very happy that the writers have chosen to use Kates’ sexuality to address such " real world " problems in something other than an in your face PSA. The message got across, and we were entertained in the process. A definite plus in the win column, in my book. There’s no reason to believe this will occur on a regular basis. But the racists, bigots and homophobes in the world aren’t going away. So when the story warrants going there. I’ve got no problems with it.

Oh yeah, the whole Alice/Beth “twist” ending, very cool. And it looks like Luke Fox may have some help available (or is that competition) now, in the form of one Parker Torres. Does all this lead to a new Batgirl in training? Doubtful, since Kate’s still learning the ropes herself. But, never say never. As DeSade-acolyte so beautifully put it, at present " I’m whelmed, at best. " But if we see this post CRISIS world as a stone, dropped in a new universal pond … well, the expanding story ripples are endless. Can’t wait to see them. I hope even DeSade would agree with that.

The doppelganger Alice has to be COIE fallout but I agree with another comment here that the interesting thing is going to be how mentally unstable Alice deals with doppelganger Alice.

1 Like

But, it is that speech which we loathe the most that we must fight to protect. Beware the slippery slope.

As for Batwoman, the new Beth is a a function of COIE. Characters existing that “shouldn’t” have. I wonder if Supergirl (the paragon of hope) focused on her friend, Kate, and was responsible for bringing a Beth back. I’m not sure Supergirl knows the backstory on Alice.

I’m still whelmed, but this new direction has possibilities.

2 Likes