Can’t believe it’s been 8 years since this movie...

I’ve been posting my fan castings on their Twitters so hopefully it’ll work! :joy::sunglasses::pray:t2:

I loved this movie

1 Like

Hard to believe. Honestly, I didn’t dislike the movie at all… but Green Lantern deserved better.

2 Likes

Ryan and Mark were the best part of the entire movie. With that being said, there were a lot of fun moments too. It should have just been based in space, not Earth. Missed opportunity!

Blake Lively was pretty good as Carol. Tim Robbins was fun too as was Angela Bassett.

3 Likes

InMagno, they had a script!? I remember Reynolds sayin that was one of the worst projects he ever worked on because they were literally writing the script as they were filming. Actors had no idea what was going on each day. They would be handed new pages every day!
I would have liked to have seen a sequel made with maybe a new director. And a physical costume with CGI accents.

Most of the casting was really good! It’s just the story and direction were all over the place. And Parallax being a cloud was an odd choice too.

1 Like

Maybe the movie Parallax and Galactus from Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer hung out with each other in an Elseworlds story.

G: “So, your movie fizzled out too huh. Bummer.”

P: “Yeah, but c’est la vie. I was voiced by Clancy Brown though, so I had that going for me. Which was nice.”

G: “Well, in my movie Jessica Alba looked weird, Ioan Gruffudd did a goofy dance, the voice of Darkseid from Superman/Batman: Apocalypse locked the FF in a room, the Silver Surfer didn’t really do all that much and he was played by Doug Jones while voiced by Perry “Morpheus” White himself, Laurence Fishburne.”

P: “Dude…Clancy friggin’ Brown!”

G: sigh “Yeah, I…I know.” sigh

3 Likes

I thought the movie was good. Sad it didn’t get the recognition it should have. Hal Jordan GL has been my all time favorite superhero since I was like 6. But have really started liking Jessica Cruz as of late. I just want them to make a Green Lantern movie as good as Aquaman and Wonder Woman’s new movies! Please

4 Likes

I liked it and personally I think it would have done much better if it came out now. It has a lighter tone and is a bit more fantastical.

Think of when it came out. Post Dark Knight DC Era when people liked the grit. Iron Man just started and Incredible Hulk as well. They had funny moments but they are also extremely different to how Marvel movies are now.

I think Green Lantern would fit in to DCEU a lot better now that Shazam, Aquaman, and even the goofy Flash are around.

1 Like

Always thought it was a good movie, but the extended cut is better. Hope we get to see the extended cut here on the DCU

1 Like

Still, people cheered when Deadpool killed the younger Ryan Reynolds gloating over the GL script, then saying, “You’re welcome, Canada.”

GL is a long-time hero, not a goofball. He’s serious, but kind. Ease of on the CGI, fergawdsake, and make the script serve the actors instead of vice-versa.

Steppenwolf? Really? There are greater DC villains, and there were before the New Gods. Develop a lesser-known but scary villain (Mirror Master?) to become well-known.

I am not enthusiastic about a Joker movie. I hope it works, but his origin should never be revealed. That’s his mystery. That’s how it should be.

Let’s make the DCU the behemoth it should be! Remember how Christopher Reeve played Superman? That’s what will bend things in the right arc. I don’t nean goofy, either. Jokes amidst the battle, then back to the fight.

I WANT to see this happen in my lifetime; I’m 70! Let’s stay on this roll!

1 Like